2015 yellowtail/tuna

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
I'm gonna go out on the ocean so much this year that I figured I'd post all the pictures here. My dad stuck one on da iron yesterday that should have been mine. We rolled up to a kelp patty saw a good one on it backed off a bit and started casting. I got a really bad backlash and my dad said here let me fix that and hands me his rod to use. Once he got it out he started telling a story about how in NorCal he told me to hand him my rod and he caught a giant red rock cod giving me a demonstration on how to bounce an iron for rock fish. Half way thru the story he says how funny would it be if I if your jig got destroyed right now. I kid you not a second later he got hit by a 23lber. 5 Minutes and one missed gaff attempt later we got him in the boat. My dads buddy also got a small yellow on the same patty maybe 3lbs lol the smallest I'd ever seen speared.
1a62752514908ecd24887d8b4325ed33.jpg
also this picture was taken a few hours after it was caught so it looks ugly as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for the record before any one says yellowtail isn't a kind of tuna I know. I just made this thread to share pictures of saltwater catches that are yellowtail/Tuna/dorado

ilovesprig said:
Great story Luke........That's what you get for handing off YOUR backlash to your dad....... :D
Hey I didn't offer it to him he grabbed it out of my hands lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu