2018 big game draw what are you putting in for?

fishingkid

Feb 29, 2012
what states will you be applying to in 2018? What species? Anyone close to drawing some nice tags this year? I’m in for utah general deer point, limited entry deer point and limited entry bull elk point that’s it so far

what states will you be applying to in 2018? What species? Anyone close to drawing some nice tags this year? I’m in for utah general deer point, limited entry deer point and limited entry bull elk point that’s it so far
How many points do you have for general deer ?

I’m applying for
Wyoming
Utah
Arizona
California
Nevada
Montana
New Mexico

Too many tags to list but I believe at this point after the application season is over I will be at 41 tags

Just here in Colorado.

I just don't have the time to hunt other states with little ones at home. I guess I should still apply to build points, but I think for now just hunting CO satisfies my needs. Trophy deer locally and plenty freezer filler opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

45 tags total -

Arizona
California
Colorado
Idaho
Kansas
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
Utah
Washington
Wyoming

Reactions: ilovesprig
California Deer 5 points elk 3 points ,bighorn sheep 1 point antelope 2 points

Arizona deer and elk points only

Utah general deer points only, I drew a tag last year
Limited entry buck and bull

Nevada deer 3 points antelope 3 points and elk

My strategy is applying for high end hunts in the states below almost all will have less than a 10% chance of drawing except for my AZ deer this year which I will draw for early December.

California
New Mexico
Arizona
Colorado
Utah
Wyoming
Oregon

And if all else fails I might be going OTC deer in Idaho. You cant beat Idaho $300 deer tag super high harvest number around 50% in a lot of the state.

This will be my first year going out of state to Hunt. I have only ever hunted D14 / D16, but this year I am planning a Utah cow elk hunt (Jan '19) with a land owner tag and Arizona Coues deer hunt. I was planning on Montana bow Elk hunt during the rut but recently found out that I have a second little one coming mid September. So that is going to push back all hunts until October.

California Deer 5 points elk 3 points ,bighorn sheep 1 point antelope 2 points

Arizona deer and elk points only

Utah general deer points only, I drew a tag last year
Limited entry buck and bull

Nevada deer 3 points antelope 3 points and elk
You drew a general deer tag in Utah last year or a limited ?

45 tags total -

Arizona
California
Colorado
Idaho
Kansas
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
Utah
Washington
Wyoming
dang and I thought I applied for a lot of states and tags, how many years have you been applying for that many states ?

This will be my first year going out of state to Hunt. I have only ever hunted D14 / D16, but this year I am planning a Utah cow elk hunt (Jan '19) with a land owner tag and Arizona Coues deer hunt. I was planning on Montana bow Elk hunt during the rut but recently found out that I have a second little one coming mid September. So that is going to push back all hunts until October.
Congrats I got one due March 1 that is why I put in for points only this year. Plan on taking off s lot of time early in the year

Mind if I ask what unit you drew and if you were successful?
@baboltin after this year I will have 2 points in UT there are a few good mule deer hunts you can get on in southern UT with 2 points. If you have points I wouldn't mind the company in 2019 its a year an a half out but never to early. I love application season.

Reminder WY elk non resident deadline is today.

Wow, everyone is going big !! That's awesome, I will stick with D12 and some D16 archery.

@baboltin after this year I will have 2 points in UT there are a few good mule deer hunts you can get on in southern UT with 2 points. If you have points I wouldn't mind the company in 2019 its a year an a half out but never to early. I love application season.

Reminder WY elk non resident deadline is today.

Yeap got my elk tag in . What unit are you applying for this year for general deer in Utah ?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu