2021 UT Youth Hunt Blog

Friends on their way Home from Beaver UT. area. Never saw one Elk, only one buck. Other hunters they talked too said the same thing. Snow came down pretty hard Sunday night. This was their first Elk hunt so they are a little put out by not seeing any animals. I just told them, lesson learned, better hunts will come along.
Which beaver? I am *assuming* Beaver West if they aren't finding any elk. Could just be because its their first elk hunt though.

Actually Beaver East. I'm pretty sure. They will be home soon I'll ask.
Oh. I was going to suggest Beaver East for elk. Way more elk there than on the west side. I am sure it will be a good learning lesson for them though.

My friends who were hunting in Utah just came down to see me. four days, never heard one bugle. I told them I would have moved camp.

My friends who were hunting in Utah just came down to see me. four days, never heard one bugle. I told them I would have moved camp.
Rut is over from what I can tell. Would they still be bugling a bunch after the rut? I don’t know enough about elk to answer that

Rut is over from what I can tell. Would they still be bugling a bunch after the rut? I don’t know enough about elk to answer that
Its worth trying. I'd bet they are still talking. They were bugling their brains out last year in central UT late October 20-25th roughly but last year was really warm.

Spikes will come in quiet but you can still bugle to locate a heard and move in.

For my muzz LE hunt which was in early Oct in 2016 they were still talking also.

Last edited:
papa, you out there chasing them elk also?
Yeah, buddy and I have spike tags. Haven’t seen any spikes but seen a few wall hanger bulls and a bunch of deer. Been all over this unit. Just truck hunting today and checking much lower elevations. You?

Yeah, buddy and I have spike tags. Haven’t seen any spikes but seen a few wall hanger bulls and a bunch of deer. Been all over this unit. Just truck hunting today and checking much lower elevations. You?
Well good luck sir hope you find that spike. I just hunt local, maybe one day I will venture out of state.

No service where we are camping. Saw probably 30 deer this morning only one small buck he got a pass. We just need to find his dad he’s here somewhere. Cold as balls in the morning deer did it even start moving until about an hour after sunrise. Glass Glass Glass!!!
Oh and it’s a little muddy….I love this truck.22AF62D4-B46F-49DD-805C-006CC1233CE9.jpeg77392179-606D-4147-8E75-17CF3ECF6B06.jpeg08D403B2-D1FB-450E-85EF-D86B6CAA7FD2.jpeg

Awesome... can't wait to follow this. Good luck... you're probably skinning one right now... Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu