3 new legal hunting buddies

Bowhunter_619

Sep 24, 2011
Temecula
My 11 and 9 year old boys have been hunting with me since they were 6 and 4. They have been persistent in their love for the outdoors and I felt like they were mentally and physically ready to take the hunters ed course.
My 15 year old son has never hunted anything himself and has only tagged along with us rabbit hunting while he was out visiting for the summer. Every year he would say "dad, I really wish I could stay out here." Well, after much back and forth with his mom, she gave in and has given me custody of him. He studied the course material and showed that he had a genuine interest in hunting, enough so that I put him the same class with his brothers.
I couldnt be more prouder of all my boys and can't wait to get my oldest on his first deer. In the meantime I have to find some good rabbit hunting as Pendleton don't allow youth younger than 12 to hunt. Just thought I would share my excitement.

Attachments

• 1405897283346.jpg
    1405897283346.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 16
thats Awesome!!!!!

My 14 yr old son got his last year and my 12yr old son and 11 yr old daughter got theirs last month. Isnt it great when the kids get into hunting and the out doors and off the phones and computers and all. now ive got a few years but ive got 9 step grandchildren the oldest, 10 is ready but his mom is not there yet.

Nice work! Definitely something to be proud of. I'm looking forward to my 11 year old sons second year of hunting!

That is definitely something to be proud of, good job and congrats to the kids on their accomplishment!

Congrats to all........My daughter after 25 years got hers this spring.........Great times ahead.......... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu