3D Shoot at Balboa Park

schwatk

Jan 13, 2011
Alpine, CA.
The 3D shoot at Balboa Park is this coming Sunday.
The website says registration starts a 8am. I've never
done a 3D shoot before. Any of you want to meet up
and do the shoot together? How many shooters can you
have in a party? For those of you who have done this before,
care to share any advice for us newcomers?

Hope to see some of you there.

Take care!

Joe

Joe,
I will be there around 8:30am, things get started about 9:00am. You can just shoot with us and we will put together a group with about four to five of us and pick a target to get started on. This shoot is a shotgun start where the Alpine shoot you can go out when you are ready. There will be 28 targets, all different kinds form deer, pigs, sheep, turkeys, etc. Some shoots are marked and we will see how things are when we get there but most are not so bring your range finder and if you do not have one you can use mine. There are some of us that shoot with no range and some of us that shoot with a range finder so dont worry about it. Bring field tips on your arrows along with a bottle of water. Once we get done shooting if any of us are in the mix we will stay but if we do not shoot well we usually leave but I am always out to win everyone i am in. Get back with me if you have any questions and I will follow up with you on Friday or Saturday. Do you know how to get there it is a little tricky, peace.

Mike

Mike,

This sounds like fun. I just got myself a Nikon Archers Choice rangefinder.
So I won't need to borrow one. I have friend who is going to join me. He
has never done this either. He will be shooting a recurve. His might not even have
sights on it as I believe he uses it for some of our groups Medieval shoots. Is
it OK if he joins us? The only directions I have are the ones on ther San Diego
archery website.

I look forward to meeting you and any others who will be there.

Take care!

Joe

Cool, Nice Range Finder that will help you allot in your stand. Yes your buddy can come any time, He will shoot in a diff category but it is all good.
I will hook up with you on Fri or Sat to give you directions. It is simple but if you have never been there it is hard to find once you are there, Peace.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu