get packed

Attachments

• 20150104_082018.jpg
    20150104_082018.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 24
ilovesprig said:
Steve,

When & where?
He aint much for details is he. It looks like Balboa. They shoot the first sunday of the month, and then Alpine on the second Saturday. Then usually Bear State Archery at Henshaw on the 4th sunday.

Invisible man said:
How was it Steve? Crowded like I thought, tuff course, how did you score?

this was my first 3D shoot, wasn't to worried about the score just wanted some experience judging the distance, this was a no rangefinder shoot.
I found out also that fatigue starts to set in near the end of the course. Looks like I got more work to do.

Balboa is a challenging course because you can't use rangefinders. It's a good one to do with a buddy or two, to guess the ranges for practice and then confirm with rangefinder after you shoot. That helps me improve my ranging skills. It is usually crowded in my experience, and it starts at 9am so it can get pretty warm toward the end. Bringing water and an energy bar is a good idea. The 3D shoot is a shotgun start, so your first target could be anywhere on the course, and takes a little experience to figure out the flow (find the next target), but the online map helps. Keep a copy of the online map on your smartphone or take a pic of the poster at the entrance.

I was at that shoot too! I brought my mastiff, Buck. Balboa has a lot of shade, so the temps are not bad. I usually bring extra bows for show and tell, also. There were a lot of people there, which is alright. It only starts to be a problem because you can almost always see the next group ahead of you when you're shooting, and sometimes it wouldn't take much to see an arrow go the wrong way. I don't like to see anyone in my peripheral vision, let alone nearly in-line with the target.

Chadwick said:
I was at that shoot too! I brought my mastiff, Buck. Balboa has a lot of shade, so the temps are not bad. I usually bring extra bows for show and tell, also. There were a lot of people there, which is alright. It only starts to be a problem because you can almost always see the next group ahead of you when you're shooting, and sometimes it wouldn't take much to see an arrow go the wrong way. I don't like to see anyone in my peripheral vision, let alone nearly in-line with the target.

Dude i saw that horse im the one that mentioned you could ride
him up the hill on your way out that dog is a giant!!

Heres Links to local SD shoots!!!! Get vyour A$$es out there bow shooters

http://www.bearstatearchers.com/schedule.htm

http://www.sandiegoarchers.com/index.php/schedule

http://www.lemongrovegunclub.com/calen3.cfm

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu