431 YDS..

Does anyone have a measuring tape they can borrow?

All joking aside, if you hunt enough :poop: happens even at very comfortable distances. This is an excellent thread to remind us to be diligent, thanks for sharing @HATCHET1. Heck Steve Rinella whiffed on a billy that he waited 22 years to draw the tag on at 300 yards.

Hatch are you running the ziess rf 10x42? I have been mulling picking one of those up.

Ha!! Yup..no intention for it to TRY become a shitshow..LOL..kid made a bad shot at a very comfortable distance for him ..moral of the story was the follow up....
Glad you caught it...and no not the 10s but the 15s on the tripod there the old school version and work pretty good..its that damn lieca rangefinder...must have been more like 450 and it misllead me!!..should have dialed up another click on the tasco turret!!! Damn it!!

Every 10 yards with a bow is 100 with a rifle. 40 plus yards is a great shot. the gorilla did a fine job. Shit happens. Threads like this help me be better in the field and I thank you @HATCHET1 for sharing.

Every 10 yards with a bow is 100 with a rifle. 40 plus yards is a great shot. the gorilla did a fine job. Shit happens. Threads like this help me be better in the field and I thank you @HATCHET1 for sharing.
Kid wasnt wearing the shirt bro!!! He got hexed for sure!!!next time!!! Bull elk in 12 days....shirt is getting glued on him!!!! Standby...hoping for a better outcome.

Larry would of pistol whipped that som of a B..!! With his .380. Just sayin!.... give the kid a Cold one for the pain
Yes sir!! He was pretty thirsty after that rodeo!! Me too after watching it unfold thru the 15s...sure glad i did not have to go over and help..
YIKES!!

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
GD...i sent a shout out...he said something about Duck shooting at Wister or something of that nature..could of used um..i miss Larry.

I’m gonna stick with throat patching them after this read.
257 wby?
Good lesson. Tap rack bang!
Yep bro....flat shootin bitch...he just was not on the X when he touched off..sadly won't be the last time as much as he hunts......hey..I heard from boy#1 at fort Jackson...so far so good!! Says hes digging it!! No pain no gain!!cant wait to get him back so he show his bro how its done!.LOL..its been a shark tank around here with boy#2 and big Sister hammering him...no mercy..

Reactions: just_ducky_1
Yep bro....flat shootin bitch...he just was not on the X when he touched off..sadly won't be the last time as much as he hunts......hey..I heard from boy#1 at fort Jackson...so far so good!! Says hes digging it!! No pain no gain!!cant wait to get him back so he show his bro how its done!.LOL..its been a shark tank around here with boy#2 and big Sister hammering him...no mercy..
Hell yeah! Salute and raise some brown to that barrel chested freedom fighter!
Let me know when he’s off to lawn dart school. Check your feet... AIRBORNE!

Reactions: HATCHET1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu