5.56 Ban

for you folks that do not speak acronyms here is what he is talking about

http://www.nssfblog.com/oppose-atf-556-m855-ball-ammunition-ban/

It's only on the green steel tip m855. I don't even like to shoot it. It's expensive and kind of week. All of the other 556 NATO mil spen ball ammo is still ok a well as all 233. We can't hunt with it. It's expensive to target shoot with or ad a stock up. I don't like them adding it to th ATF law I don't like them getting in any of my business but it's not the end of the world.
There are still other 223 full steel jackets with copper over he top that one can buy fr 1/2 the price

I'll look out for flaming at this point.

GSPman said:
It's only on the green steel tip m855. I don't even like to shoot it. It's expensive and kind of week. All of the other 556 NATO mil spen ball ammo is still ok a well as all 233. We can't hunt with it. It's expensive to target shoot with or ad a stock up. I don't like them adding it to th ATF law I don't like them getting in any of my business but it's not the end of the world.
There are still other 223 full steel jackets with copper over he top that one can buy fr 1/2 the price

I'll look out for flaming at this point.

Flaming? No. But, I don't see any good coming out of this. Obama will try to wreck as much havoc as he can in 2 years and hope some of it sticks. Biggest POS ever for a president.

Yep and to think that the majority of the people voted him in for a SECOND time, I could go on and on but I'd probably piss a lot of people off.

Re: ban on 5.56 (223)

Might be a good time for the guys that don't belong to join the NRA.......Just sayin'

motorhead said:
Yep and to think that the majority of the people voted him in for a SECOND time, I could go on and on but I'd probably piss a lot of people off.

Piss away...............I'm with ya............ :mad:

Am I understanding this; some 223 that is available can pierce body armor, so ban the caliber?

MurdaJ said:
Am I understanding this; some 223 that is available can pierce body armor, so ban the caliber?
M885 5.56 ammo has been classified as....wait for it..........armor piercing handgun ammo. This sets a dangerous precedent as other center fire calibers could be targeted soon. Expect a fight.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu