50-70 mph wind gust

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
Hey guys stay out of the high country.
It's FN dust freaky dust storm up here.
Sand and dirt blowing so bad it's brown in the sky. Drought taking it's toll. You don't want sand in the lungs bad news.
Power is out til Wednesday or longer.
It's like a return of the dust bowl days
20's or 30's.

I was sunday on laguna with high winds by far my best day on the season , morning starts low in a blind a lot bird activity but not deers, at 10 I listen some birds fithing so move from blind and go check , was a grey fox he climb a big oak like a bobcat first time that I see a fox climbing oaks.
at 11 go check a trailcam in the way I find 2 mediun size does eating and walking they never listen me with high winds, no bucks , I move forward to see where was the trail they choose to move around, 200 yds to the right was my blind and my cam, when I was at 20 yds from cam , 3 does was bedding at 5 yds from my blind I just see the white tails jumping, then Ill go to eat something at the laguna store , and rest so I back at 2:00pm when I park my car I look some moves on a ridge near my treestand I take range finder , and was 8 turkeys going to the top so bring my bow and follow , to try a shoot in the top of the ridge finally they was almost 25 turkeys all together i range at 46 yds 3 toms together so I grab triguer and open the bow and a secon before sight some hens just clucking fast and run in 2 seconds all turkey flight to another mountain , I never see this before on laguna, always they run from peopple never fly. frustrated back to my treestand at 5 I come down because I feel like I was on a rough sea fishing more than hunting my tree move too much, so when I back to the car on the trail i look right and a big doe looking me so she never move trusting on her camo so i go slower and stop behind pinetop I count 3 does ,same way no bucks, then i hunt another place with no sights, at dark just 5 min before dark i saw a big fork with a doe and fawn near the cabins in private property, and I saw another big fork crossing the road in the entrance of laguna on the straihgt where everyone parks for hiking, just croos and jump the fence.

all friends say Im in the honey looking a lot of action , now my patience for hunting bucks is almost finish I just waitin opened A22 for shot a doe and have some meet in the freezer.
I back thursday.

So recently I was speaking with and old hunter and he tell me that mule rut in San Diego starts all time in late november and first of december, anyone see this mule patterns in the last years???

So recently I was speaking with and old hunter and he tell me that mule rut in San Diego starts all time in late november and first of december, anyone see this mule patterns in the last years???
I think it depends on a lot of factors.
Generally I seen when it cools off with the cool cloudy days, with rain. Could start early or late.. ultimately it's their behavior is the key.

I have question for military service current and veterans.
Do MREs go bad. How long are they good for. Decided buy some more and i have some in storage.
Looking buy mountain house to keep around for back up.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu