9-2-17 Horror Story

SoCalB3AST

Sep 2, 2014
lancaster, ca
Screenshot_20170903-185132.png received_1938362946431736.jpeg Well im sure yall have seen the big herd of bucks i have found. Well everything came into play opening day accept 1 thing

I fucking missed twice...
3x3 first shot 41 yards (buck fever) first time ever
2x1 51 yards second time. Miss guess range..

Im so pissed at my self i want to find a corner an cry..

Only thing good news was our buddy got a 2x2 an shared the meat.. 50lbs of meat barely any fat..

Well im sure yall have seen the big herd of bucks i have found. Well everything came into play opening day accept 1 thing

I fucking missed twice...
3x3 first shot 41 yards (buck fever) first time ever
2x1 51 yards second time. Miss guess range..

Im so pissed at my self i want to find a corner an cry..

Only thing good news was our buddy got a 2x2 an shared the meat.. 50lbs of meat barely any fat..
I feel your pain brother, but at least you saw them and had the opportunity. the wind was a big factor for me last year. this year I will use a fixed broad head for close & 30 yards and above I will use a grim reaper thinner arrow and at least 9 GPI. .. but your time is due, your getting better at it . even still I get buck fever & Adrenalin rush. and congrats to the team. that venison will be tasty...:)

Reactions: SoCalB3AST
I've missed stuff from 40 yards with a rifle. Don't beat yourself up. But bummer on your miss.

Lol! I missed two Javelina one day. On one I guessed the yardage incorrectly, then a minute later I ranged another pig and used the wrong pin.
Didn't help that my arm was shaking as if it were a bull elk. Ha!

Looks tasty. Just curious, is your son posing with your bow, or is he hunting? My 11 year old can hunt next year, and has asked about getting a bow. Wondering what to start him with, that doesn't cost a grand...... ;)

My son is just posing, he cant deer hunt until 12 stupid CA. 2 more years, I will be buying him a bow for xmas im looking at the grow as u go bow, diamond infinite pro 5lb to 70lb an 13 to 31 inches of draw. For like 400 then ill add drop away. He likes hunting so far hes getting his hunter safety course soon then going quail hunting with a 20 gauge.

Off topic but I see a couple people talking about buying their kids bows. If you have never done it you should check for eye dominance. I've gone trap shooting recently with a couple adults that are new to shooting and couldn't believe how bad they were. They were both cross dominant and saw immediate improval with the gun on the other shoulder.

I am left eye dominant and shoot right handed (started as a lefty).....The 1st time I shot a bow my instructor at Willow Creek asked me what target I was shooting at....I told him the one in the middle.....I was hitting the one 6" to the left....I did not realize I was closing my right eye.....I really have to concentrate while bow hunting to close my left eye.

Yeah deffently make sure as a child they start off shooting with dominant eye i use to be left eye dominant but shooting right eyed, an now im right eye dominant somehow so it worked out lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu