A-22 success!!

Srfnkill

Oct 25, 2011
Last Saturday I had a nice buck come in. He gave me a walking broadside shot at 35 yards. I anchored my pin and released my arrow and I watched the buck duck as my arrow went just over his back. He ran a few yards and stopped giving me a 40 shot. I put my pin low on his body and released. He ducked again as I watched my arrow sail just under him this time! After it was all over I re-ranged the distance and he was 45 yards... Oh well.. thats archery right? I went back Sunday and had a few doe and fawns play around for a while. All week that buck haunted me. I couldn't wait to get back in the stand.

This Saturday I got in my stand and was excited. At 7:15 I hear leaves and branches breaking. I look up and here comes the same buck on the same trail. I stand and raise my bow. This time he turned right and came right to me. I hit full draw and with a slight grunt I stopped him at 30 yards. I picked my spot and released my arrow. I watched the VPA hit him just a tad higher then I aimed but I knew it was a done deal. I waited a few minutes before I climbed down and retrieved my arrow. It had good blood on it. Wanting to give him time to pass I made the 20 minute hike back to my truck and dropped off some gear to make my pack lighter. I nervously but excitedly made my way back to my stand and started looking. I thought I knew where he would run so I started that way. I made my way into a clearing and there he was laying in the middle of it. He only made it about 80 yards.

He was decent buck with a big body and tons of fat. I quartered him out and tossed it all on my pack and headed home. Reliving the whole day made the pack out easy even with 105lbs on my back.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 403
  • Surf.jpg
    Surf.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 411
Way to get it done!

Nice job Sammy! Was wondering if you were gonna be in the same area as last year, looks like you found another area that worked out for you! :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu