A-31 Success!

Gteam2

Oct 24, 2013
Great hunt this morning! Was able to fill my A31 tag with a nice fork. After spotting the group of deer at first light, we made out the buck and knew we had to try for him. Worked out a plan that would put me at 30-40 yards from the group.
The plan worked out great got to 32 yds and settled in for the shot. The buck moved away from the doe standing broadside, so I drew put my 30 yard pin on him and released and whack hit DIRT! below the vitals. I thought it was a done deal but he moved only 3 yards and looked back at 35 yards allowing me a second chance. I placed my 30 yard pin slightly high behind the shoulder and found its mark. Thank to all the Gteam, all the scouting, running and time in the field has made it another successful season. Keep at it everyone! Gteam2 - Fernando

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg_thumb1.png
    image.jpg_thumb1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
  • image.jpg_thumb2.png
    image.jpg_thumb2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg_thumb3.png
    image.jpg_thumb3.png
    841.8 KB · Views: 226
Well done Fernando! Congrats to you and the whole gteam... You guys are a force of nature. That's a beautiful buck.

Beautiful buck..........Looks like big country. Getting one with a bow is quite an achievement.......Congrats

Fernando, as has been said, he is such a handsome " SO CAL PACIFIC HYBREID " big body and that so cal face, oh and our classic fork...... and a big fork at that.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu