A C 100 ULTRA MARATHON

gteam

Aug 7, 2013
Here is a picture of base camp for Fernando (Gteam2) that we setup yesterday. He will be running the 100 mile race through the Angeles National Forest this weekend. The entire Gteam will be his support crew as he runs some 30 + hours non stop except for aid station check points to replenish supplies. Good luck bro!! Better you than me ;D

Attachments

• IMG_20140731_155221.jpg
    IMG_20140731_155221.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Well guys unfortunately Fernando took a spill somewhere between mile 30 and 37 and hurt his knee and hand . He managed to to make it to mile 42 with only 4 minutes before the cutoff. At that point he realized that he would not be able to make the next checkpoint in time with a bum knee and was forced to stop. He has completed 30 and 50 mile races and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he gets that 100 under his belt.

Start of the race.

Attachments

• IMG_20140802_045900.jpg
    IMG_20140802_045900.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 11
Gteam.............42 miles?..........That's incredible to me........... :eek:

Congrats to your brother and hope he gets better soon.........Wow!

Fernando at 30 mile checkpoint

Attachments

• IMG_20140802_133149.jpg
    IMG_20140802_133149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Hell ya! I was just up at the Whiteriver 50mi in Washington to crew my roommate and will be pacing for him for a 100 in Idaho in Sep. Tough man right there. Keep us posted on the results!!!

Lungpopper said:
42 Miles :eek: is a loooonng ways. When racing that distance what is the average time per mile these guys are doing?
[/quote
It all really depends on the race and total elevation gain. for every ultra there is essentially 2 races, your pros who will be so far in front of everyone else its not even funny and than your amateurs you could put it. main goal obviously finishing and than a lot of ultra runners sub goal is to finish a race in under 24hrs which is extremely difficult (kind go the golden goal with the history of the sport). Anyone who even finishes a 100mi is a complete animal no matter the time. I have never done one but crewed for a couple ultras and those 100miler guys are absolutely insane.

Well ➗ 60 seconds by 30 hrs u get 1800 minutes, ➗1800 minutes by 100 miles you get an 18 minute mile , but that's for a 30 hour 100 mile run. I'm sure people come in faster and slower than 30 hours.

I want to know how long he ran for ? My gues is 23 hours

Could u guys imagine running for 20-30 hours ????

Imagine u hit the 20 hour mark ..... Than u realize u have 10 moring f-nig hours to go !!!!!!
Hahahaha dam

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu