A challenge

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
Last year while scouting or hunting I found 8 mylar balloons. This year I am up to 2 so far.
Let's clean up what we can.
I challenge you to find more.
IMG_20170912_203021368~3.jpg

Good challenge Ratz. I pick up these things when I come across it. I also discourage everyone I know never to buy those crap. My girl always points them out to me when we are out hiking since she knows I go out of my way to fetch them if I have energy left in me. Challenge accepted.

And thank you.

I'm so glad you brought this up. I've found many. I can't believe people just release balloons like it's no big deal. This practice is destructive to animals and ecosystems in general. I will take your challenge and pack out any trash I see as usual. Hoping more people do the same. Take any can/bottle/bs you see and deposit it in it's correct place. Recycle bin or trash.
One Earth, one world. respect it.

Reactions: Bonejour
Had 3 of them this wknd up in Alamo mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see them all the time. I grab them. They are super common off shore fishing as well. We will be 40 miles off shore and run into them.

1. rubber balloon......................................... 1pt.
2. mylar balloon.......................................... 2pt.
3. any group 2-5 balloons........................... 5pt.
4. any group 5-10 balloons..........................10pt.
5. any balloon still inflated............................25pt.
6. mylar Trump balloon................................100pt.

Reactions: Stump7100
Wait you mean they don't go into space when you let them go?!?!

Only kidding. I find them all the time. Always go out of my way to pick them up. Although I have seen a few stuck in trees out of reach

Reactions: James Kaye
SCH CHALLENGE LEADER BOARD

Ratz 6 points
Xjon 331 points
Truduct. 2 points
Lungpopper 2 points
Revo2811 85 points
Surfnhuntsd 4 points

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu