A Day in the Field

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
My kid and I spent the day scouting in unit 10..Saw well over a 100 head of elk, about 20 of which were bulls. Several very nice 6x6's and a 6x7 that dwarfed all the others by a longshot.Watched him feed for about 30 minutes and figured him at 375-380..Saw a bunch of does,a few speed goats, three coyotes. Then I broke out the 22-250 and put a hurtin on the prairie dogs,went through a box and a half of ammo.What a kick in the ass....

Nice work AZ1. Did you get any photos?

I put in for 23a Coues deer. May need to ask a few questions. It is likely I will draw the tag.

we watched them from 800 yards or so. we moved closer to get a couple pics and were only able to snap a couple before they cleared a ridge

Attachments

• unit 10 002.jpg
    unit 10 002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
oh by the way John Az deer results will probably be out early next week..F&G started hitting credit cards last tue.and I haven't hunted in 23 but I"m sure I can get you some solid info

Awesome...thanks. I have been on the AZ website twice a day...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu