A Fitting Sendoff

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
My father passed away recently and we just had services for him the other day. He was a WWII Navy combat veteran and a Firefighter for nearly 30 years retiring as Chief of his Department. There was participation in the services from the Navy Honor Guard, The Disabled American Veterans, The Patriot Guard Riders, along with the local Police Department and, of course, his Fire Department. It was a very fitting sendoff to a great man who I considered my hero my entire life. Just though I'd share a few pictures with you.

Hero is not a strong enough word to describe the life that your father led.
Thank you for sharing. His legacy builds our patriotism.

Looks like a wonderful ceremony! It sounds like he was a great man. I'm sorry for your loss.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu