A harvest every month or bust

prov1

Ok let's stay busy hunting or fishing for 12 months. Jan. a little practice on some coots, so fun and my buddy's falcon loves them. Feb some javelin shooting and some buggin. What's up for march? more bugs and hopefully some big Tom's at the end of the month :)

Attachments

• NCM_0160.JPG
    NCM_0160.JPG
    877.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 383
  • lobsters feb.2015.JPG
    lobsters feb.2015.JPG
    949.8 KB · Views: 56
Atleast 1 a month? Sounds great. I don't think the wife will sign off on that one. :'( SHe is a hunter but I think she likes the spring slow down

365 season never ends. Always something to kill.

Strong work Vince! Some good stuff there...

That's awesome that your friends falcon eats coots. I wish they taste like chicken.

I have a kick a butt Lab named Rev that I taught to recover the birds and my arrows, he is 9 years old now and has retrieved hundreds of birds. You couldn't do it without the dog.

Attachments

• DSC01358.JPG
    DSC01358.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 50
That is nice...I was going to ask if you were diving for the bugs but noticed the net on the bottom of the pic!

Last night was crazy good for bugs two guys boated 76 bugs 14 keepers had 1 hoop with 9 bugs 3 keepers and 1 with 8 bugs with 3 keepers , was back home and in bed at 10:30, That's some good buggin. There are some big boys out there.

Attachments

• lobster 2013.jpg
    lobster 2013.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 10 lb lobster 2013.jpg
    10 lb lobster 2013.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 253
I"m looking to teach my 2 yr old lab to retrieve birds, did you do it yourself or through a trainer? If you did it, have any tips?

Ya I did it my self, a lot of days at the park with decoys and wood arrows then started using real birds and carbon arrows when he quit chewing up the wood ones,my buddy would get me the trash birds, he was ok for the first 2 years then he got great , he wont lose a bird unless it fly's off and he dives up to 3 or 4 feet deep to retrieve. Going to be a sad day when he's gone.

Attachments

• DSC00227.JPG
    DSC00227.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • DSC00263.JPG
    DSC00263.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Labs can be taught to do anything................ ;)

Yours seems exceptional on all fronts.........Congrats......... 8)

Yeah, that's awesome. I've started with retrieve and most basic commands, I'll have to step up with some bird scent and bumpers ,etc. Beautiful lab.

Destroyed the bugs the last two weeks of the season took a 6 1/2lb. and a 7 1/2lb. with 9 keepers the last night of the season, my buddy Robert and I never saw another hooper the last month, wide open for us. Been out scouting last couple months for Gobblers, blinds have been set , cameras out lots of pics. cant wait for Saturday. Kingwouldbe my dad and myself are going to hit it hard, wish us luck. By the way my dad is 80 and still getting it done with a bow.

Back