A mystery sound...

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Hey guys I'm hoping you guys can solve my mystery sound. , so as we are walking into our hunting spot at o'dark thirty with just headlamps on and within the distance of the lamp we heard a really loud deep hiss sound. It kind of sounded like when a rattler puffs up but something told me it also sounded cat like then I also heard something running off I could here something stepping on dirt and it faded away. I looked around for a snake but found nothing, no rattling. we were being really quiet so I'm thinking we could of snuck up on anything.

Panther? There is no eye you could have snuck up on a cat but I've heard them get just a little upset and it sounds like a deep rattle snake or sort of like a gator

If a bobcat had a fresh kill in the area, it will hang for a long time.....We humans rarely sneak up on stuff.....I'm thinking bobcat.

ps....Jacob called me yesterday from his stand and said he had a loud hissing sound around him.....This is what he found on his trail cam when he got home.

Attachments

• MFDC0085[1].JPG
    MFDC0085[1].JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 29
thanks guys... i'll set up a cam next time I go out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu