A zone buck down (hopefully)

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
So I arrowed a decent buck a few hours ago, I hit him a little far back, tracked it for a little then it got dark on us, but it did have a good blood trail.. Going back in morning, hopefully I can find him!

Good luck Taft. Get that thing and get some pictures up!

Drewski2324 said:
Nice! Congrats man! At least there won't be any rain to wash away your blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bad part is, it was raining a little..

Good luck, and way to go putting in the work to find him.

Sent via Tapatalk

Well guys we tracked blood for almost 2 miles it started to look good with a couple decent puddles, then we finally lost the blood trail.. My cousin was going to bring his dog up to help but ended up not being able to. I feel really bad that I couldn't find him, this would have been my first buck with a bow.. I'm hoping he will survive. I guess I just got excited and made a bad shot, sucks that I've been practicing for months and months to have this happen to me. But I guess that's why they call it hunting not killing :(

MJB said:
Good luck!

If you were closer I'd get the dogs and help find your deer.

Thanks I appreciate it. My cousin was going to come with his dogs but he got tied up with something :/

Really sorry to hear that. No one can say you didn't try. Did you find your arrow or did he take it with him?

Sent via Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
Really sorry to hear that. No one can say you didn't try. Did you find your arrow or did he take it with him?

Sent via Tapatalk

We even hike up and down like 4 or 5 canyons saw no sign of him bedding down or anything..
I did find my arrow, it had a little bit of blood, but not much compared to a doe I shot in a-32 a couple years ago with a lung shot. I thought I had hit him at least a little bit in the lungs, but I guess not..

Find some one else who has a dog and get out there.......he's there with a belly full of blood! Watch the birds they will tell you where he's at.

Good luck

MJB said:
Find some one else who has a dog and get out there.......he's there with a belly full of blood! Watch the birds they will tell you where he's at.

Good luck

I've been trying, it sucks cause the spot where I shot him is like 2 hours from anyone I know.. We are going to keep trying tho. Dog or not..

That has happened to me also. Depending on the hit he might survive. I shot a doe in idaho that had half an arrow in her gut and all the tissue around the arrow was completely healed.

Drewski2324 said:
That has happened to me also. Depending on the hit he might survive. I shot a doe in idaho that had half an arrow in her gut and all the tissue around the arrow was completely healed.

I'm really hoping he will survive. Unless a lion already has him, we saw lion tracks like 2 miles up from where we lost the blood trail

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu