A22 Buck Down !

Congrats on the harvest. Rad buck for D16!!

I'm switching zones to D16/A22 ..lol. When does A22 end, is that the LAST of open season in Cali?
Congrats once again on a beautiful buck. (insert BEER emoji here) um can we get a cheers beer emoji.. moderators?

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Congrats on the harvest. Rad buck for D16!!

I'm switching zones to D16/A22 ..lol. When does A22 end, is that the LAST of open season in Cali?
Congrats once again on a beautiful buck. (insert BEER emoji here) um can we get a cheers beer emoji.. moderators?
A22 is like the A31. Goes to Dec 31st. Archery only.

I bought my cabin and land 8 years ago and I can say it was truly life changing - congrats. I got one like that the third year I owned it but the big ones aren’t around every year. The coolest thing is just seeing the same deer year over year, watching them as the grow from fawns. Trust me on this: you will start to get attached to them...it will get tougher to shoot “your deer”.

I bought my cabin and land 8 years ago and I can say it was truly life changing - congrats. I got one like that the third year I owned it but the big ones aren’t around every year. The coolest thing is just seeing the same deer year over year, watching them as the grow from fawns. Trust me on this: you will start to get attached to them...it will get tougher to shoot “your deer”.
Yeah I think I got a few pictures of him last year. Just a little bit smaller. The bucks only move into our area during the rut.

Trust me on this: you will start to get attached to them...it will get tougher to shoot “your deer”.

I know exactly what you mean. We have a doe that chooses our neighbors property to fawn every year. The fawns are behind the fence until they are old enough to jump out or mom feels comfortable enough for them to leave. Our boys get their binos out and are constantly glassing for them in the window. Pretty cool to watch them nurse and what not.

When it comes to bucks I try to set my standards pretty high for a shooter. With 4 boys under 5, I spend a lot of my "hunting" from my back porch. We do have B&C bucks running around here so there is something to aim for. I do realize that any of the bucks I see can get shot at the neighbors, hit by a car, or poached, etc. But I just try to stick to the plan.

Enjoy owning the property. In the next few years we will be looking to buy more. Probably with elk.

That's a great buck! Congrats! I may have missed it earlier, where's your cabin again? ;)

And with the deer come some other less desirable guests....I’ll bet you’ve got a few lion pics too

I do not, and definitely not in my front yard. We have other livestock and lots of ranching out here. We do have sightings of cats around, but they don't last long. We can shoot them here in CO and CPW does a good job of thinning them out here if needed.

And with the deer come some other less desirable guests....I’ll bet you’ve got a few lion pics too
Yes. A hand full of lion pictures. Most are walking down the road. Never seen one in person there. I'm fine with them as long as they don't stalk my kids as they collect pine cones and play in between cabins.

.Screenshot_20191027-153905_Gallery.jpg20191118_201620.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: YETI and FISHNFRANK
Great buck! And that’s awesome that you have a cabin to enjoy, get away from life and hunt out of! Something I hope to have one day . Congrats on the buck .

Awesome job and beautiful buck. I'm 0-2 for A22 but not for lack of trying! Already waiting for next year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu