A22 buck

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
IMG_5955.JPG Well after spending few days a week chasing couple of forkies on MCC, I finally connected with a buck that I missed twice last week. This buck is not a huge buck but it's a special buck to me as it's been nearly 16 years since I last arrowed a buck. I was surrounded by deer since day break and I finally got in a good spot to get within a comfortable shooting distance. It was awesome to see my arrow connect and watch the buck run 10 yards and pile up within rock throwing distance. Never would have though my old PSE could do the job. Got this dude with Shuttle T broadheads on gold tip arrows. The rut is still pretty strong with bucks chasing does all day. There wasn't a doe without a buck today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!

You know inchecked his teeth and they were pretty well worn. Compared to a two year old buck I got awhile back, this buck is probably a mature buck around 3 or 4. Maybe just not great genes based on the antler growth?

Thanks guys, yes Josh now I need to break out the duck gear and motivate myself to hunt Henshaw lol. I'll probably hunt next Wednesday.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu