A22 Season

KennyQuacker

Jun 13, 2013
El Cajon, CA
I'm not sure how most faired thru the A22 Season, but it seemed like I was seeing a higher than normal volume of mountain bikers and hikers this season and a lot of Santa Ana's, making it tough to see anything but tracks.

Anybody fill a tag or come close ?

I passed a doe opening weekend. But otherwise couldn’t find a lot of deer. Had a few solo stalks that got blown but it was a tough season with the bow.

I did see a whopping 27 of 1000 hunters punched their tag last year.... I wonder what it will be this year. I did notch the d16 tag but didn't get out for a22.

Fewest number of days in the field for me this year and the first year since I've been hunting local (1998) that I didn't see a single deer... Jumped a few on my way in a couple times, but didn't see a single deer while hunting! (I only bow hunt)

Last edited:
I didn't fill my tag but I got the closest I have ever been. Stalked a buck to 40 yards and had an arrow nocked but had branches in the way of a clear shot. Was waiting for the buck to move for a couple of minutes and then the wind swirled. He blew at me, turned and took off. Was a bummer but still a fun experience. That was the only buck I saw all season. Saw a few does, too but that was it and never got close. All of this was in the first half of the A22 season. I didn't see any deer in the second half.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Passed on three does during the first half really wanted to hunt the second half but never made it back down there for it. Just to many things going on to make it back out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu