Access question

LoganClark2000

Nov 27, 2023
Hello. I was wondering if there was anyone out there with experience in D15 that could I could dm and ask about access on a specific trail in an area I wanted to scout. It passes through a section of private property so I wanted to double check if that trail is okay to use and I am not able to find much information about it online.

Hello. I was wondering if there was anyone out there with experience in D15 that could I could dm and ask about access on a specific trail in an area I wanted to scout. It passes through a section of private property so I wanted to double check if that trail is okay to use and I am not able to find much information about it online.
Check it on OnX. Talk to a Warden. You said it goes through private property. Unless it is on an established easement then why risk it? Even if it is not posted with no trespassing or fenced. In any case, talk a Warden that patrols that area. Regardless of what we tell you if they tell you they will cite you then you know.

John

Reactions: LoganClark2000
Check it on OnX. Talk to a Warden. You said it goes through private property. Unless it is on an established easement then why risk it? Even if it is not posted with no trespassing or fenced. In any case, talk a Warden that patrols that area. Regardless of what we tell you if they tell you they will cite you then you know.

John
I agreee I don’t want to risk it. I Called the ranger station and seemed like they were confused about the area I was asking about without a picture of it. Think I’ll just scrap the idea of scouting that area

If it's private..stay off it...those private land guys can be cocks for sure...

I agreee I don’t want to risk it. I Called the ranger station and seemed like they were confused about the area I was asking about without a picture of it. Think I’ll just scrap the idea of scouting that area
I wouldn’t give up. Might suggest getting the contact information for one of the field folks in your area. I obtained cell numbers for a D16 DFG field guy and also a BLM guy. I’ve reached out to both of them over the years, usually about access issues. The DFG guy has always been very helpful and we’ve shared upland/big game spots. I’ve only had mixed results in getting information from the office folks but have found better luck walking in vs calling. Good luck and keep us posted.

Not sure which exact trail you are referring to but there are a few trails in D15 that go through private that you are allowed to take and link up to the NF trail. There will be a sign at the trail head with the rules. But basically you have to stay on trail the entire time while passing through, and no firearms or strung bows are allowed.

Ever hunted trad?

I wouldn’t give up. Might suggest getting the contact information for one of the field folks in your area. I obtained cell numbers for a D16 DFG field guy and also a BLM guy. I’ve reached out to both of them over the years, usually about access issues. The DFG guy has always been very helpful and we’ve shared upland/big game spots. I’ve only had mixed results in getting information from the office folks but have found better luck walking in vs calling. Good luck and keep us

I wouldn’t give up. Might suggest getting the contact information for one of the field folks in your area. I obtained cell numbers for a D16 DFG field guy and also a BLM guy. I’ve reached out to both of them over the years, usually about access issues. The DFG guy has always been very helpful and we’ve shared upland/big game spots. I’ve only had mixed results in getting information from the office folks but have found better luck walking in vs calling. Good luck and keep us posted.
Oh okay I might do that. I think I found another way in there but I’ll probably stop by the ranger station in person this week and see if I could get any contact information.

Not sure which exact trail you are referring to but there are a few trails in D15 that go through private that you are allowed to take and link up to the NF trail. There will be a sign at the trail head with the rules. But basically you have to stay on trail the entire time while passing through, and no firearms or strung bows are allowed.

Ever hunted trad?
Oh okay I see. No I never have, I’m still new to hunting so I was going to give rifle season a shot before I moved onto any bow hunting. It could be something I would be interested in once I have some more experience.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu