DoubleTrouble

Sep 8, 2016
32edd778ddb0584df39888fe4641812c.jpg

Done!
Thanks for posting.

Mine was sent to;
Assemblymember Brian Maienschein
77th Assembly District

Who if I recall correctly, won re-election as a Republican, but then subsequently changed political parties and is now a Democrat.
Interesting times we live in...

Last edited:
Done!
Thanks for posting.

Mine was sent to;
Assemblymember Brian Maienschein
77th Assembly District

Who if I recall correctly, won re-election as a Republican, but then subsequently changed political parties and is now a Democrat.
Interesting times we live in...

Yep... I live in the same district. He squeaked out a victory by 607 votes then flipped.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Done....Now this is funny (NOT!)

"with social TOLERENCE and public comment in their decisions on how best to regulate wildlife for the people of California".

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Sorry... I oppose the bill, but there ain't no way I'm coughing up phone number and email addr to this form. Nope. Wrong Answer!

Done....Now this is funny (NOT!)

"with social TOLERENC and public comment in their decisions on how best to regulate wildlife for the people of California".
The PEOPLE in this State has been making the wrong decisions for a long time... look who's the governor.

:joy: ….You don't think "Big Brother" doesn't have it already?

I know "Big Brother" has it... what I don't need is for NTWF or the owners of that site for facilitating petitions to have it and add it to their list they can then sell as targeted advertising to other affiliated businesses for profit resulting in EVEN MORE freakin' RoboCalls to my landline!!

When you sign a regular petition... I don't remember having to put down a telephone number. And here's the thing... not that it's such a big deal.. but.. since I work from home... you would NOT believe what an insane number of robocalls my landline gets. (And now even my dang cellphone has been getting them occasionally) and that is even AFTER setting up that landline to make use of NoMoRoBo!! Their service did help significantly there for awhile, but lately it's gotten back up there again. It's utter foolishness. And your TelCo companies CAN NOT help you with it either. I asked in great detail in regards to this problem.

Most of the time these companies pay for reverse phone listings that show all the telephone number within a certain residential boundary they are targeting. Then they plug'em into an autodialer first.... that machine just ka-chunks away on all those numbers... noting in a Database table whether it was a Fax, Voicemail, or "A Live One!" that answered. Then... those companies take those lists where they've "verified" there's "A Live One" answering... and pair it together with demographic information about that region/ neighborhood such as median income, ethnic makeup, etc. And sell those paired-down lists meeting certain criteria these other companies or looking for.. and Viola!!! Yay... now.. guess what?.. MORE Robocalls!!!! It's just a really bad situation man. And I don't want to change my phone number since A) I shouldn't have to, and B) I have a young child that has memorized this number. Ya know?

Ya gotta be darn careful with your P.I.I. man. Until the US finally adopts regulations similar to the EU's GDPR in terms of what liabilities sites have in terms of how they are allowed to handle your Personal Identifying Information. Thankfully your more Global entities are already putting these policies into practice since they are already multi-national. But many here nationally don't because they don't have to. They don't have to tell what they will do with your P.I.I.... nor are their any regulations in place dictating guidelines for how they must protect any of your P.I.I. they are in posession of.. nor do they have the provisions of the GDPR wherein you can demand a business entity completely remove any and all of your Personal Indentifying Information. Nations which must abide by the GDPR have to inform you exactly in what ways and with whom your information may possibly be shared, BEFORE you are made to fill-out forms on their sites and such.

Anyhoo you can check it all out and read up on it at GDPR.org (NOTE: GDPR stand for General Data Protection Regulation)

It's a very cool direction to take things in, and I hope the US quickly follows suit in this regard. It puts tighter/stricter controls on exactly how entities can use the data they've collected on you. And provides for criminal charges and liabilities when they are proven to be directly responsible for compromising your informations security especially when this results in a loss for you.

Reactions: Jred
Look, obviously it is a topic near and dear to Sprig's heart. (Mine as well.) So since I'm electing to pass on it. I'm gonna make sure to tell him why specificaly, so he understands my position, and that I'm not being a dick. That's all.

Look, obviously it is a topic near and dear to Sprig's heart. (Mine as well.) So since I'm electing to pass on it. I'm gonna make sure to tell him why specificaly, so he understands my position, and that I'm not being a dick. That's all.
Dog, Nowhere did I say or imply you are a dick. A little long in the tongue, indeed, dick no.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu