Air Arms Take Down Rifle review/hunt

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey guys, I've been super busy with a bunch of reviews that came in. The fires and my recent trip to AZ set me back on getting on here. I just finished this review of an Air Arms TDR "Take Down Rifle" in .22 caliber that I received from Pyramydair to review. This rifle has been around for awhile but this is the new version. This one is regulated and has a sidelever instead of the old style bolt action. I really enjoyed this one, puts out about 32 for using .22 15 gr pellets. In this video I used the Tactacam 5.0 scopecamera to film with. This was really my first go at using anything like this to film, let me know what you guys think? Marley and I visited a few spots and we're able to connect with a few Ground Squirrels out to 70+ yards. Hope you can enjoy the footage and learn a little about this neat little gun. Next week I'm heading out for a coyote hunt with a .303 caliber European PCP so wish me luck.

Cheers,
Dana

Dana my boys are both shooting break barrels a few hours a day they can’t get enough. We picked up an old BSA Meteor .22 and the thing shoots lights out. The other gun is a newer Benjamin Nitro .17 and that thing shoots like garbage no matter what pellet we shoot through it. But it’s good enough for plinking cans and whatever else they desire to shoot.

My oldest just ordered a Gamo Swarm in .17 seems like it should be a fun fun for a 13 year old.

Now that they are shooting all the time I want to step up my game. I want to get another break barrel for myself what do you recommend? I have been looking at the Sig ASP20 and the Diana RWS 24. What would your recommendation be for a good break barrel for myself. I will more than likely go with 22.

Seriously consider an Umarex Octane man! (The have the Octane Elite now) After a replaced the crappy scope on it with an inexpensive Vortex Crossfire 2-7x32 I've taken all kindsa critters with it. It's a .22, the H&N Terminators and the Predator Polymags lay the smack-down and have great accuracy. It has a supressor on it and the sound of the projectile hitting the backstop is louder than the sound of the initial firing. Sounds maybe like a roofing air-nailer perhaps? Rabbits often don't run if you miss since it's quiet.

Without spending a ton of money I'm sure you could get the job done. To be honest I don't shoot break barrel s often anymore. I have had a few and I have to say the Benjamin npxl in .22 was a great rifle for the money. https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Trail_NP_XL_Air_Rifle/2052#4170
I would stay away from some of the lower priced guns found in box stores, some are very bad quality. Note, scopes that come on most of these guns are crap. A good airgun rated scope is a necessity.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu