Airgun rabbits

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
I ended up in extreme north LA County on a job and rather than fight afternoon traffic home I parlayed my time into a cottontail hunt with my air gun. They were pretty thick in this area, a spot I discovered a few years ago. I walked a linear path near a creek bottom. I didn’t have my game vest on so each one I shot I laid on the trail to pick up on my way back (I’ve never seen another hunter in this spot). After I nailed number five i headed back to my car picking up my kill along the way, but number two was nowhere to be found? I searched all around but just a few drag marks where I left him. Some damn critter stole my game! I’m thinking skunk because there were a couple of roadkills in the vicinity.
82713B6C-5A1C-4EBD-84C6-D9A65AD36203.jpeg

I think that I should try that with my Diana 48, last spring I came across may rabits in an area I scouted for turkey. I will give it a try.
Airguns are a good choice on small game for several reasons
- no lead ammo restriction
- cheap ammo
- forces me to go slow and quiet, since I need to get pretty close to still game
- quiet report with muzzle break

Airguns are a good choice on small game for several reasons
- no lead ammo restriction
- cheap ammo
- forces me to go slow and quiet, since I need to get pretty close to still game
- quiet report with muzzle break
I have to work on some sort of silencer/noise supressor, my air rifle is a 22 cal and it makes more noise than my 22 rimfire rifle. Any suggestios will be appreciated

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The Marauder is definitely a step up from the Disco and others. I went with the Disco because it felt much lighter, less bulky and easier to hunt with.
I bought my Diana 48 for two reasons. The first one was because it brought back good memories from when I was part of our high school target shooting team ( 35 years ago) and those were the rifles we used, second because I did not want to carry around a tank to fill up the reservoir of a pcp air gun. I might invest a few more bucks and buy myself a PCP next.
Money on guns is an investment, right? LOL
At least that what I tell my wife every time I come home with a new one. LOL

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu