Alec Baldwin…..Change my Mind

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Alec Baldwin should be held criminally responsible for shooting Halyna Hutchins. Leaving the politics aside a gun is a gun and you are responsible when you pull the trigger. Reports out now that the revolver was used that morning by crew members for target practice. It was left loaded with live ammunition in the cylinder then Baldwin shot and killed the woman with that gun.
Gun safety is gun safety. This was not a prop gun all weapons should be cleared and checked by the person handling the firearm. I never take any firearm into my possession without clearing the chamber.
Change my mind…..
5A9D0B9D-BC3C-4CC6-B34A-6332FB961085.jpeg

Last edited:
When ever I hand someone a firearm I check it to make sure it is MT. And the first thing they better do is check it. By MT, I mean there is not a round in the chamber. it's not practical to have a completely MT firearm when out hunting. So yes, he needs to be held accountable along with others. There is no reason for having rounds with bullets in them on a movie set. But I have yet to hear there was a bullet fired from the gun, but if what ever it was that passed through her and then hit the other person, (or were there two separate rounds fired?) it was likely a real bullet.

New Headline..... Maybe the prop guy was a Trump fan and set up Baldwin on purpose??
Baldwin will walk, blame will spread and nobody will get time. Not everyone should be around firearms.

There's no such thing as a "prop" revolver gun that fires. It's just a gun with blanks. Semi autos are modded so there's back pressure to cycle the weapon and can't fire live ammo without exploding. If there's a squib or obstruction it would be possible to kill somebody with a blank loaded firearm, I believe this is what happened to Brandon Lee.

Reactions: chrisamx
There's no such thing as a "prop" revolver gun that fires. It's just a gun with blanks. Semi autos are modded so there's back pressure to cycle the weapon and can't fire live ammo without exploding. If there's a squib or obstruction it would be possible to kill somebody with a blank loaded firearm, I believe this is what happened to Brandon Lee.
You are correct. The gun he was killed with had been fire weeks before for target practice and some how a bullet was lodged in the barrel, how that happens is beyond me. Well, proper procedures were not followed and when blanks were fire the .44 bullet hit lee, he later died at the hospital. Possible what happened here. So who screwed up, I would say every one who handled the gun. This was no accident, this was incompetence plan and simple.

Starting to look like ol Hannah the 24 year old armorer is pretty much useless at her job. There have been many instances where she did not follow proper protocol. She was relieved of her job on a set with Nicolas Cage when she fired a gun without warning and he screamed at her, you almost blew out my Fing eardrums. Other times she walked around carrying a long gun in each hand and handguns tucked under her arms and got called out for pointing guns at people. Look like Hollywood is setting up their scapegoat.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Now confirmed. .45 long colt lead bullet recovered from shoulder of guy who was hit after it passed through Hutchins. WTF.

Very sad and ironic and telling in so many ways. Here is a guy that is all about gun control and lib ideals and he is not only the actor but a producer (meaning he was financing and controlling the production as well as having control over staff and protocol's) of a movie that contains violence as well as using guns to portray violent behavior. Two faced SOB IMO, making money off the things he proclaims as evil.. I hope that the law and justice that needs to be served takes them all down.

It's hunting season...Some folks have already taken some nice bucks as well as other animals. Shaping up nicely. @Cali Ridge Runner does it again, @Kellendv shot a dandy, @TaftHunter shot some great bucks and ol' @HATCHET1 continues to thin the herds!.

So many others as well!. Keep the hunting posts coming!
Gun safety and hunting go hand in hand. Just using a relevant topic to start the conversation. Read my first response post below steering it that way.

If you walk into my deer camp and pick up a rifle that for some reason had a round chambered and pull the trigger and kill someone you are responsible. This is no different. Also we never have a round chambered until an animal is in the crosshairs for this very reason.

Bottom line meant to be a hunting post using a relevant topic. Maybe I could have worded it better.

Last edited:
Drew,

I agree....This tragedy is very RELEVENT to this forum and others....Gun safety, common sense (don't point a gun at anyone), and always assuming a get is loaded, are lessons to be learned here....The fact that it happened to a real jerk is IRRELEVENT...2 cents.

ps...Believe it or not...I know guys that have or still hunt with their safeties off, while fowling...DON'T DO IT...I can't think of many things less safe.

Reactions: TRICER
Drew,

I agree....This tragedy is very RELEVENT to this forum and others....Gun safety, common sense (don't point a gun at anyone), and always assuming a get is loaded, are lessons to be learned here....The fact that it happened to a real jerk is IRRELEVENT...2 cents.

ps...Believe it or not...I know guys that have or still hunt with their safeties off, while fowling...DON'T DO IT...I can't think of many things less safe.
ya birding is tough especially with the boys because you do have a round chambered but I make them run their safeties. only time they have their safeties off is when we are dove hunting and spread out. No bird or animal is worth it in my opinion. A few ducks lived last year because they stood up in the blind and pulled the trigger with their safety on. That never gets old and we all do it.

• Dislike
Reactions: garlicsalt
ya birding is tough especially with the boys because you do have a round chambered but I make them run their safeties. only time they have their safeties off is when we are dove hunting and spread out. No bird or animal is worth it in my opinion. A few ducks lived last year because they stood up in the blind and pulled the trigger with their safety on. That never gets old and we all do it.

Wow, Drew....I have to totally disagree with you here....THAT SAFETY SHOULD NEVER BE OFF....That is a bad habit for those boys....Will you feel any better, if one of them kills himself because he drops his guns or something like that?....Or forgets to put it back on, when someone comes around?

The safety comes off as the gun goes up to the shoulder....Nothing more and nothing else....If they forget, then they need to practice, until it's a regimented thought.

Again, the safety should NEVER be off while hunting!

Wow, Drew....I have to totally disagree with you here....THAT SAFETY SHOULD NEVER BE OFF....That is a bad habit for those boys....Will you feel any better, if one of them kills himself because he drops his guns or something like that?....Or forgets to put it back on, when someone comes around?

The safety comes off as the gun goes up to the shoulder....Nothing more and nothing else....If they forget, then they need to practice, until it's a regimented thought.

Again, the safety should NEVER be off while hunting!
not arguing. We run the safeties when ever they are carrying the guns, quail, pheasant, in the blind etc. Rifle hunting a round is never chambered and always on safety until they are ready to shoot. But in the middle of a dove shoot that seems pretty difficult. Not saying I am right but curious if I am the only one.
Again that’s the point of this thread. I have been hunting dove this way my entire life and I probably should make a change.

Last edited:
Reactions: IVhunter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu