ALL NATIONAL FORESTS IN SO CAL CLOSED 9-7

the link to the FS closure is in the post

Forest Service Temporarily Closes Southern California National Forests, Adds Prohibitions in Others
Contact(s): Jonathan Groveman, (707) 562-8995
VALLEJO, Calif., September 7, 2020—Most of California remains under the threat of unprecedented and dangerous fire conditions with a combination of extreme heat, significant wind events, dry conditions, and firefighting resources that are stretched to the limit. Due to these conditions, the USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region is announcing the following temporary closures and fire restrictions to provide for public safety and reduce the potential for human caused fire starts. They will go into effect at 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on Monday, September 7, 2020, and will be re-evaluated daily as conditions change.

Closure of the following National Forests: Stanislaus National Forest, Sierra National Forest, Sequoia National Forest, Inyo National Forest, Los Padres National Forest, Angeles National Forest, San Bernardino National Forest, and Cleveland National Forest.
Prohibition of the use of any ignition source on all National Forest System lands (campfires, gas stoves, etc.) throughout California.
Closure of all developed campgrounds and day-use sites on National Forests in California.

Unreal. Whats next, shutting down all highways in the state?No more driving vehicles? Nothing at this point isn’t up for shutting down.

Reactions: Muley Buck
No more gender reveal parties... someone had to go and ruin it for all the other weak excuses for a male... Ed F
This right here fellas...gender confusion is real..oh my..

Reactions: vtc17
Closures are becoming more frequent, I remember in years past it was never a consideration but in the last twenty five years it has become more frequent, probably many reasons for it without getting into the politics of it all.. I live in the back country so we all fear fire but on the other hand fire is good as long your ranch is not part of the tragedy of losing your domocile. Watch what happens in these places over the next ten years and you will see wildlife rebound better than before. The sad part is that all us folks that live out here can suffer major property damage and lifestyle and income damage. This time of year I live with my heart in my throat and am very concerned about the weather on a day to day basis.

Did I miss something? What does a gender reveal have anything to do with this?
The fire in the San Bernardino National Forest was started by a pyrotechnic device used for a gender reveal party. Has nothing to do with the fire in San Diego, but is part of why all the National Forests in SoCal are temporarily closed.

Reactions: Muley Buck

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu