All tagged out !

Gteam1

Oct 13, 2012
www.youtube.com
So the plan was to head to the mountains Sunday afternoon to try and put my little brother on some deer. We got to our vantage point around 4 pm and began scanning the hills. It wasn't to long before i spotted a buck about 230 yards below us. He looked like a shooter, so i decided to give my dad a call and sent him a picture of the buck to see what his thoughts were. He told me he would come and meet us and to start planning the stalk. I figured i could hike down a finger ridge and try to close the distance. The tricky thing about this stalk that was about to take place was that the only way to get a shot was to pretty much rock climb down a couple spots with my bow. My dad finally met up with us and gave me the green light to begin the stalk. The buck was bedded with his head on the ground, completely asleep when i began the stalk. I slowly started moving down the ridge as quietly as possible. I moved about 70 yards down before i saw antlers moving towards me. The buck was on his way to an opening on the ridge and i knew if i moved now he would spot me. I didn't even have an arrow knocked because i didn't think i would see the buck this quick and this far away. The buck stepped out into thee opening and began feeding on a small scrub oak. The scrub oak was placed in the worst possible position for my stalk, if i moved just a little bit i would've been spotted by the buck. I was standing in the same position for about an hour. Finally, the buck continued his way up towards me beating the Sh%# out of every bush he could find . He moved within 90 yards of me and bedded down. At that point i thought my stalk was over, he bedded down facing me so i thought if i moved he would get up and run down the ridge. Light was fading quickly so it was a do or die moment. I waited until the buck looked pretty relaxed and started working in and around brush towards the buck, to my surprise the buck didn't seem to care i was moving in his direction. I got to 80 yards and thought about waiting for a shot there but decided to keep moving down since he was still bedded down.I kept checking yardage with my rangefinder and the worst thing happen, my rangefinder batter was about to die. ANYWAYS... I got to 70 yards and while i was deciding on waiting to take a shot from there the buck got up. I drew back and realized my one pin sight was set at 80 yards! I let down and set it to 70 yards and drew back, anchored and released. The arrow connected perfectly. The buck ran down the ridge about 50 yards gushing blood with every step. He stopped and was looking around while his pump station continued to empty out, it didn't take to long before he fell over. I climbed down some nasty terrain to the buck, once i confirmed he was down for good the rest of the Gteam (Fernando, Timothy and Albert) hiked down to my location. After a couple of pictures and a little celebrating we began to skin, gut and quarter up the buck. By the time we were done it was dark and we still had a long hike up the steep mountain. I am now tagged out for the year, i shot another buck on a solo hunt about 3 weeks ago. Thanks to the rest of the Gteam for helping with the pack out.

Nice! I like how you kept sch in the dark about your first buck, good thing I follow you on instagram!

You guys are a killing machine. Way to go!!!

Nice large spork!! Thanks for taking him out of the local gene pool! He's a beauty!!

Great job Gteam1 and thanks for the play by play. You guys are getting it done for sure! Congratulations!

And yes - let's see the other buck!

Not as big as the recent buck but I went out on my first solo hunt a couple weeks ago. I spotted this guy and made about a hundred yard stalk to get below this buck. I got within 45 yards and drilled him. He ran up and over a ridge and expired. Now I'm trying to help the rest of the gteam find some shooters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 42
Definet gene pool going on in that area...good job man!! Way to grease um!!

Nice work partner! Way to get it done, glad I was able to help pack him out. Shaky video of buck on the hoof!

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/107549810[/vimeo]

Attachments

• M2U00022.MPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 42

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu