Am I getting taken?

Drewski2324

Sep 26, 2013
Ventura County by way of Idaho
I have a Remington 700 in .223 with a bull barrel that has had extraction issues since the day I bought it (used 10 years ago). It currently resides in Idaho and I had my dad take it to a local gunsmith. After an inspection the gunsmith said the headspace was too large and the barrel needed to be reseated. I do not know very much about how the ejection system works but the price seems high. Any thoughts?

I recently sold a savage 243 that had the same issues. The savage was under warantee but I already sent it back once and it was gone for 4 months So I decided it was not worth it. I had it looked at by a local smith and he wanted more then I purchased the gun for to fix it.

I would have called Remington and bitched until they gave in or a good discount.......how much did the GS quote you?

Time to be a pita and call Remington.......last time I had to be a pita I flat out told them if your going to overcharge me 200 I'll be bugging you until I get my 200 worth of being a pita......they put me on hold and credited my account the 200......

I'm thinking $200.00 doesn't sound like that much to reseat, when you think about a plumber, electrician, or mechanic getting $100.00+ an hour for their work......Just sayin'

John at Fine Firearms should have the correct answer to this question.

Call them Monday morning and explain the situation. As long as the gun has not been tampered with. They should take care of you.

Remington Arms Company, LLC
Consumer Service Department
870 Remington Drive
P.O. Box 700
Madison, NC 27025-0700
(800) 243-9700

NBK said:
Call them Monday morning and explain the situation. As long as the gun has not been tampered with. They should take care of you.

870 Remington Drive
P.O. Box 700
Madison, NC 27025-0700
(800) 243-9700

Is their address really 870? Badass lol

MurdaJ said:
NBK said:

870 Remington Drive
P.O. Box 700
Madison, NC 27025-0700
(800) 243-9700

Is their address really 870? Badass lol

Lol. Same thing I took from it!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu