Ammo for SKYBUSTERS....

This is why im glad i am freaking rich so i can afford the membership at the LCRA. you say 300k buy in is not worth it but i get a #1 every day of the season.

BTW Hevi metal is great ammo and Environ is a great company. They gave every year to the wounded warrior hunt, 1k rounds. Every other ammo company including Kent was pretty rude about it told me NOPE :)

My dad says that years ago when he used to hunt San J they didn’t have the hogwire blinds, is that true?

San J has gotten bigger over the years...And with the added blinds, hog wired blinds on islands were pretty much needed...I didn't start hunting there till about 1990...I know the spots I liked, did not have hog wired blinds...D-2 in about 1995

ps...Until the 80's...Wister was free roam...Talk about battle royals... :joy:

.san j D-2 1995.jpg

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
this why I don’t hunt SJ. I made the mistake of putting in for SJ the first year i started hunting SoCal and got drawn an 11 pick. What a joke. Since that hunt I have never put in for another reservation at that place, not even opening day. I’d rather sweatline elsewhere than draw a top 10 pick at that excuse of a refuge. It’s sad. It has so much potential but the overcrowding of blinds and the Barney’s that hunt those blinds ruins it. If they took out half of those blinds that WA could actually shoot really well and you could have some quality hunts. Unfortunately they profit more from packing blinds into a small area and letting newbies blast away at anything they see.

Oh, come on now...San J is not perfect (none of them are), but it has it's place...And for folks that don't have an extra 300 grand laying around to shoot spoonies, it's all they have near by...Last year, I hunted it more than I had in the last 10 years...Pleasantly surprised...;)

.020.JPG011.JPG008.JPG024.JPG005.JPG013.JPG007.JPG015.JPG001.JPG009.JPG

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
this why I don’t hunt SJ. I made the mistake of putting in for SJ the first year i started hunting SoCal and got drawn an 11 pick. What a joke. Since that hunt I have never put in for another reservation at that place, not even opening day. I’d rather sweatline elsewhere than draw a top 10 pick at that excuse of a refuge. It’s sad. It has so much potential but the overcrowding of blinds and the Barney’s that hunt those blinds ruins it. If they took out half of those blinds that WA could actually shoot really well and you could have some quality hunts. Unfortunately they profit more from packing blinds into a small area and letting newbies blast away at anything they see.

bad taste ehh??

give it another go bud I’m sure it will be a better experience this time.

I knew it was just a matter of time, of not being in the field, before the duck wars to begin.......YEEEE HAAAWWW

Glad I hunt BG over ducks......ducks are only good for dog training!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu