Ammo purchase

Just an FYI... do not just renew your license by paying the fee and sending back in that letter. You need to schedule, or take a day and just go in to get yourself the RealID. There are a few pieces of paperwork you need to have with you. Like birth certificate, utility bill with your address on it, and something else I forget. They list what you need. Just go check it out online. And make sure they didn't take a fuzzy picture! I don't know HOW in the heck they managed to do it... but they EFF'd up my first picture... it's a fixed focal length camera and they have you stand behind a line, so I don't understand how it can possibly mess up. Figure during Transmit to Sacramento it must have got a little messed up. No charge to go back in and redo the pic though. So at least there's that.

Reactions: BangBangBrandon
Was in Colorado earlier this year and bought some ammo at one of the nationally spread stores it was just like buying a head of lettuce at the supermarket, a smile and good greetings and nothing else, Go figure.. Went into the fine gun room there and they begged me to handle collector grade guns that I just wanted to look at in the rack, once again go figure.... California phhfft

Big 5 and Walmart in El Centro only have a few boxes of Cali Compliant (nonlead) ammo for dove, both places said ammo is on it's way but not sure what they will get. Walmart has lead available in cases, I hope hunters watch out and not buy that for dove. I picked up some Hornady 30-06 from Big 5...process took about 10 minutes tops... Reg. Drivers License and Passport card.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu