Annual New Mexico elk hunt play by play 2014

Got into a big heard this morning but they were able to get off the property before the bullets started flying. Our group split up in hopes of finding some more elk and NBK spotted a lone cow elk about 1,000 yards plus over a couple of ridges. So we made a plan and I went for it. 20 minutes later and a 230 yard shot I had a cow on the ground.

The other group got into some but they were in some thick vegetation and just couldn't get any shots off.

Attachments

• IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    427.7 KB · Views: 174
Good times! Lungpopper did an outstanding job getting on this cow this morning. Pictured is JP and Lungpopper getting the elk off of the mountain. We just dropped the cow off at the butcher and are heading back for an epic meal and adult beverages. Then a repeat in the morning. I can hear the elks' teeth chattering - they are so scared!

More photos from this morning:

Attachments

• NM2014D.jpg
    NM2014D.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
  • NM2014A.jpg
    NM2014A.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 28
And a couple more pics of the clan and the product:

Attachments

• NM2014C.jpg
    NM2014C.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • NM2014B.jpg
    NM2014B.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu