Another beautiful morning

8SteelTown

Another great morning hunt. Went for coyote and worked my MFK howler and distress. No replies. No bites. Switched up to cotton at 6:30. Took 4. 1 was just unsalvageable. Forgot my game bags at home so had to tie them up across the back of my day pack. I love hunting season! Found a new spot for jack that has some monsters.

Nice 8ST. Next time we meet, remind me to show your the small game bag I use. Got it at a company off-site as swag, and I'd probably get fired for posting a picture of it but it's a hoot.
8)

just left California for two months, a little bit late for cottontail party..... :'(

one ridiculous thing is I found a sweet spot before the season, but now I can't remember where. :-[ have to start over again. shotgun ready...

Went for cottontail this morning. Shot couple times but I missed them all. ??? they all too far away from me.
I got two jacks instead. This is the first time in my life that I kill jack. Also first time I skin and clean an animal by myself :-* all meat already in the fridge now

Any ideas for recipe? :)

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 23
Almasy said:
just left California for two months, a little bit late for cottontail party..... :'(

one ridiculous thing is I found a sweet spot before the season, but now I can't remember where. :-[ have to start over again. shotgun ready...
Good job getting out here and congrats on the jacks. They aren't bad eating if you cook them right. I take notes on my spots whether on paper maps or waypoints on my phone. Easier than trying to remember signs and locations.

Almasy said:
Went for cottontail this morning. Shot couple times but I missed them all. ??? they all too far away from me.
I got two jacks instead. This is the first time in my life that I kill jack. Also first time I skin and clean an animal by myself :-* all meat already in the fridge now

Any ideas for recipe? :)
Cool. If I shoot a jack it always ends up as chili.. low and slow, real spicy. Otherwise you'll end up with a tough stringy sagebrush infused mess. Brine it out too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu