Another beautiful morning

8SteelTown

Another great morning hunt. Went for coyote and worked my MFK howler and distress. No replies. No bites. Switched up to cotton at 6:30. Took 4. 1 was just unsalvageable. Forgot my game bags at home so had to tie them up across the back of my day pack. I love hunting season! Found a new spot for jack that has some monsters.

Nice job 8ST, sounds like a good morning. The one on the left is loungin'. Before I got a Filson vest I'd also clip em like that to my bag with fishing clips.

Nice 8ST. Next time we meet, remind me to show your the small game bag I use. Got it at a company off-site as swag, and I'd probably get fired for posting a picture of it but it's a hoot.
8)

Coolness. Way to get after those cottons.

just left California for two months, a little bit late for cottontail party..... :'(

one ridiculous thing is I found a sweet spot before the season, but now I can't remember where. :-[ have to start over again. shotgun ready...

Went for cottontail this morning. Shot couple times but I missed them all. ??? they all too far away from me.
I got two jacks instead. This is the first time in my life that I kill jack. Also first time I skin and clean an animal by myself :-* all meat already in the fridge now

Any ideas for recipe? :)

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 23
Almasy said:
just left California for two months, a little bit late for cottontail party..... :'(

one ridiculous thing is I found a sweet spot before the season, but now I can't remember where. :-[ have to start over again. shotgun ready...
Good job getting out here and congrats on the jacks. They aren't bad eating if you cook them right. I take notes on my spots whether on paper maps or waypoints on my phone. Easier than trying to remember signs and locations.

Almasy said:
Went for cottontail this morning. Shot couple times but I missed them all. ??? they all too far away from me.
I got two jacks instead. This is the first time in my life that I kill jack. Also first time I skin and clean an animal by myself :-* all meat already in the fridge now

Any ideas for recipe? :)
Cool. If I shoot a jack it always ends up as chili.. low and slow, real spicy. Otherwise you'll end up with a tough stringy sagebrush infused mess. Brine it out too.

Back