Another day

Another day down and not a deer in sight...going to have to change things up or something but whatever I'm doing is not working. Back at it in the AM..need some of that D16 mojo sent my way fellas!
Dude get high and stay in the glass when you feel like quitting keep glassing. Glass, glass, glass! You should spend at least 75% of your day in the glass. If you find you are hiking way more than you are glassing that is why you are not seeing deer.

Appreciate the advice guys! Everywhere I seam to go is super thick even the higher I go. I do find myself hiking a lot more but that's because I'm trying to get into areas that aren't so thick because it's like I'm glassing the tops of bushes because everything is so dense. It clears up only in areas that are County or private. Going to switch gears and try another area. Probably wont get much sleep..I'll be stuck on OnX and google maps the rest of the night lol oh and learning the deer dance!

Appreciate the advice guys! Everywhere I seam to go is super thick even the higher I go. I do find myself hiking a lot more but that's because I'm trying to get into areas that aren't so thick because it's like I'm glassing the tops of bushes because everything is so dense. It clears up only in areas that are County or private. Going to switch gears and try another area. Probably wont get much sleep..I'll be stuck on OnX and google maps the rest of the night lol oh and learning the deer dance!
I am right there with you man...
All we can do is keep trying.
Yesterday my truck broke down an our into my trip and had to limp it back to the shop. Today nothing on sight. Cant go back tomorrow. Someone has to work...

I’m in the same boat. I’ve been trying to find good areas to glass but it’s been tough. One thing I noticed yesterday was that some areas that looked super dense on onX and google weren’t nearly as bad when I got there because the chaparral wasn’t as tall. I think it’s just a matter of driving and getting out. This is my second season so I’m still trying to figure it all out. Good luck!

I’m in the same boat. I’ve been trying to find good areas to glass but it’s been tough. One thing I noticed yesterday was that some areas that looked super dense on onX and google weren’t nearly as bad when I got there because the chaparral wasn’t as tall. I think it’s just a matter of driving and getting out. This is my second season so I’m still trying to figure it all out. Good luck!
You are correct, I always say it. We will invest more money on gas to find “the spot” than on guns and ammo, onx and google maps are awesome tools but you have to be there to see.

Yes sir.. the google/onX pics are not up to date I think? Right guys? I think on the corner you can see a year the area/pic was taken. It would be awesome to have the real time pics and see all the veg growth. One probably can have the"real time" pics but some cash or working for the right company might help.

I trip out when I get to an area and the brush is 8 feet tall!! Didn't look like that online :pensive:

Another day down and not a deer in sight...going to have to change things up or something but whatever I'm doing is not working. Back at it in the AM..need some of that D16 mojo sent my way fellas!
This ain't no mojo, but I got the same nothing

Attachments

• 20191109_162927.jpg
    20191109_162927.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 86
You are correct, I always say it. We will invest more money on gas to find “the spot” than on guns and ammo, onx and google maps are awesome tools but you have to be there to see.
MCC Fabian will save you on all that time and gas.

Right there with you. Except opening morning, haven't been able to find anything. Until I get my knee fixed later this month, I can't go super deep so everywhere I've been I see hunters but no deer.

If I didn't get my buck on Public land I would definently try to convince her to let me join , but since I got my buck , know way shes going for that

• Haha
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Right there with you. Except opening morning, haven't been able to find anything. Until I get my knee fixed later this month, I can't go super deep so everywhere I've been I see hunters but no deer.
Sorry to hear that man. Yeah... for now... I'm still able to dope up like mad and limp back out. My knees I think will last a bit longer, this one hip socket that got a trauma back in '97... not so sure about that one though. But generally speaking, you're never the same after a surgery... so I wanna wait until absolutely necessary. Good luck with that.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu