Another new guy

Moby Dick

Feb 2, 2020
South Orange County
Hi everyone. Brand new to the game. Have d15 and d3-5 and interested in upland game and have a pig tag. Already posted for a d15 partner but I am willing to tag along with anyone who will have me. I live near RMV and CNF (hope it opens soon) and have tons of hiking miles and backpacking miles and would be a great meat hauler or processor for upland game for someone who doesn’t mind having an FNG around.

I didn’t have the chance to learn as a boy but willing and motivated now.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It’s gonna be tough getting someone to take you with them. Most guys don’t want anyone knowing their spots. We got tips and advice for days though!

Welcome to the site! There are a lot of good and knowledgeable hunters on here who are always willing to giving out advice. Do your fair share of research and get out in the mountains. You will end up learning a lot on your own. That's my experience at least. Good luck on your hunt this season man!
Cheers!

It’s gonna be tough getting someone to take you with them. Most guys don’t want anyone knowing their spots. We got tips and advice for days though!

Totally understand that. I’d buy a beer just to pick their brain so we don’t even have to hunt! I’ll take what I can get!

Moby D,

Welcome to SCH...Tough hunt in the "15", but it can be had...Good luck

ps...Upland season is right around the corner....Think Imperial county.

pss...NWTF has lots of hunter friendly events down San Diego way...You'll get hooked, if you play the turkey game.

Moby D,

Welcome to SCH...Tough hunt in the "15", but it can be had...Good luck

ps...Upland season is right around the corner....Think Imperial county.

pss...NWTF has lots of hunter friendly events down San Diego way...You'll get hooked, if you play the turkey game.

Thank you! Imperial it is and will def check out NWTF.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Welcome to the site. I am in your boat, just starting out in D15 as well. Hopefully they open D15 at some point during this upcoming season...With all the CA fire activity and governmental overreach (closing CNF without a single fire up there) I'm not holding my breath.

Yeehaw! Looks like this cool weather did the ticket. Time to go pick up my cams. I left them in too public of a spot (set them up at night) and have been worried about them the last few weeks. Hopefully they are all still there.

Good hunting everyone!

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu