Another TV "Hunter" Busted!

What a dirtbag. There are a few guys I like to watch Randy Newburg, Steve Renela, and Remy Warren. They all seem to be conservation minded hunters no offer a lot of information to their viewers. Newburg and Rinella have two incredible podcasts.

Yea there is a lot or crap getting thrown around on TV hunt shows... I have a friend that is a Guide in NM and has sold land owner tags, and guided a few shows. And you watch the show they claim it was a DIY public land hunt... yet if they turned the camera around there are 2 guides shaking their head. Steve Renella seems like a cool guy however. And I do like the archery guy from Western Hunter

I agree.....We do have to be careful about lumping everyone in with this guy though.....Sometimes you just take the good with the bad....There's some good TV guys out there.....And a lot of them have done great things for conservation and have brought hunting (& fishing) to many that may never gotten involved.

I also agree that a lot of "Hollywood" is brought to some hunts....I have "guided" a few turkey hunts.....And most were spliced together with a lot of reenactments....That's just the way it is.

The good of something like this is that we all should learn from it.

Reactions: KoozeDeer
Best story is the TV guy who hunted the MCC pet birds up behind the cabins. "Here we are today on a Southern California turkey hunt" lol.

My kids could call those birds in with a whistle.

Best story is the TV guy who hunted the MCC pet birds up behind the cabins. "Here we are today on a Southern California turkey hunt" lol.

My kids could call those birds in with a whistle.

Yep.....Michael Waddell.....It was easy, but he can call like no other and was a really personable and nice guy.....Josh (The Deer Guy) was the "guide" for this hunt.....;)

.michael waddell hunt 2011 018.JPG michael waddell hunt 2011 024.JPG

It won't matter a whole lot that they can't hunt the states for two years. These guys have enough money they will go hunt and video places like Africa, New Zealand, Argentina, Canada.
And be back at it here in the states when there time is up.
Personally their show and their products suck but there must be a lot of people watching them.

I've often wondered about many of these TV hunters. The whole aspect that consecutively they have these big encounters makes it seem fishy.
What I like about Randy is that his show feels more organic, shows the good with the bad... Like when he struck out on the Montana Bear hunt. That's the kind of stuff I like to see.
Another is a group of guys from Hush. They are the reason I finally pulled the trigger on becoming a hunter.

Reactions: TRICER
Hushin is great. The three guys I listed all have shows where they strike out and they all hunt public land.
The Hushin firebull video will give you goosebumps.

Last edited:
Justin is great. The three guys I listed all have shows where they strike out and they all hunt public land.
The Hushin firebull video will give you goosebumps.

Hell yes. That video was EPIC. And their hunt with their fathers was touching. My father is disabled so I wonder how I can share this with him one day.

I've often wondered about many of these TV hunters. The whole aspect that consecutively they have these big encounters makes it seem fishy.
What I like about Randy is that his show feels more organic, shows the good with the bad... Like when he struck out on the Montana Bear hunt. That's the kind of stuff I like to see.
Another is a group of guys from Hush. They are the reason I finally pulled the trigger on becoming a hunter.
No, these guys are just superior hunters. And Bill Dance could catch 25 bass of 5-8 lbs each in a couple of hours on Lake Skinner.

Reactions: TRICER
Steve they ought confiscate all their gear, guns, ammo, vehicles etc. sell it and donate the money to conservation groups and give him the 180 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scum is scum. A true hunter is a conservationist and someone who respects the land and animals we hunt. People nowadays are so concerned with videotaping and picture taking. (I know he had a show but many people do it.) Hopefully we can teach the youth better. There's always tomorrow....

Reactions: Stump7100

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu