Antler Development

topher1111

Sep 30, 2014
So my cousin and I are hunting D14 this year. We've set up our trail cams and gotten good pictures of deer. My question is when do bucks antlers stop growing during the velvet period? Is it like a couple weeks before they get rid of velvet or just days before?

Picture Credit: Cousins camera

image.png image.png

Not exactly sure but looks like it has another 3-4 weeks to grow yet. Forks aren't very tall compared to the spread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without dates on those 2 pix, it's hard to tell.....The 1st buck because of his wideness has a chance to be a nice forky or more.....2nd one appears to be forking out some.....By now, deer should be pretty much what they're going to be.....These two should grow significantly more.

Last week in D-16......And pretty much done growing.
785.JPG 838.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu