Any Coyote Hunters?

SoCalArcher

Aug 18, 2015
Hey everyone, I'm stationed at 29 Palms. Trying to find a partner who is willing to show me the ropes of predator hunting namely coyote. I am willing to drive to meet up. I have a hunting license, rifles/ammo and a FoxPro caller. Any advice is also welcome. Thanks again!

SC Archer,

Welcome to SCH..........Lots of great threads in the predator section here on the site......Thank you for your service..

hey brother and welcome. its good to see another worrier hunting animals. I love yote hunting but always seam to call in everything but yotes during bob cat season its ok because i always have tags. but ive called inbobcats, hawks, golden eagles up north, bears, and mountain lions but never a yote..... What am i doing wrong? i dont know but its still fun. along with the electronic call get some mouth calls and start practicing. then if it is bear or bobcat season you can shoot them to if you have tags.

GSPman said:
hey brother and welcome. its good to see another worrier hunting animals. I love yote hunting but always seam to call in everything but yotes during bob cat season its ok because i always have tags. but ive called inbobcats, hawks, golden eagles up north, bears, and mountain lions but never a yote..... What am i doing wrong? i dont know but its still fun. along with the electronic call get some mouth calls and start practicing. then if it is bear or bobcat season you can shoot them to if you have tags.

If you're calling in all of that... sounds like you're doing it right... just might not be seeing them come in or they're changing approach and winding you. 2 cents.

I'm a new hunter also..haven't had much success in the field, but I have had quite a few reactions from a few packs of coyotes with my Johnny stewart cottontail call. I just cant get them in close. Plus I've mostly been out with tons of brush and poor visibility, but I'm open to try new things. I'm looking for a good group of guys that would mainly want to focus on predator hunting. I'm down to hit some stands with you. PM me if interested ;D

the ass end of LA county..I'm right by six flags magic mountain but I'm more than willing to drive for a chance to get some :mad: :mad:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu