Any luck?

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
went to several of my favorite areas saturday & sunday. and almost no deer tracks or scat. the deer have really changed pattern this year.. looking for new spots.. found water but no go...

went to several of my favorite areas saturday & sunday. and almost no deer tracks or scat. the deer have really changed pattern this year.. looking for new spots.. found water but no go...
No luck either been out on days off and found scat but knowing seen

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Morning action here in D16. Evenings very quiet. Paterns in my remote valley are totally different this year. I blame it on a Mt. Lion and cub I have on camera over the last few months.

I'm not seeing the water or seeps some are talking about. Everything is bone dry.

Had a couple of little forkies in front of me today.....No Bueno.

.View attachment 33525 View attachment 33524
Definitely more deer at your spot Steve. I hiked in a mile. Wind screwed me. Changed direction. Busted my spot. Used my tri pod and 10x42 vortex. Scanned the hills. Thinking deer moved on. Did a hell of hike up . Called it a day at noon. Legs and feet wore out. Lol.

No luck this morning 3 day out this season. Saw 4 does today. My buddies daughter had a G13 he got her with in 80yds she didn’t get it done. I took my 9 year old out kept up like a champ. Most my friends wouldn’t want to go where we went he just put his head down and plowed through. My boys are the best hunting partners in the world. Should have seen his face when he glasses up a doe.

F7830BE5-2643-42C8-8809-D6B2D139F3C4.jpeg 574C49F0-75B5-4292-BD22-02B81E1E59C1.jpeg

Last edited:
No luck this morning 3 day out this season. Saw 4 does today. My buddies daughter had a G13 he got her with in 80yds she didn’t get it done. I took my 9 year old out kept up like a champ. Most my friends wouldn’t want to go where we went he just put his head down and plowed through. My boys are the best hunting partners in the world. Should have seen his face when he glasses up a doe.

View attachment 33527 View attachment 33528
Aren't those swaro's amazing? I use their 15's as well... I continue to be impressed with them. Worth every penny in my book.

Reactions: Bonejour and TRICER
No luck this weekend. Took a friend for his first time deer hunting. Day 1 late start- posted him high and i went low with a shotgun hoping to flush a buck out for him and maybe quail for me. Nada.
Day 2 went early and stayed together glassing. Fog rolled in so we went bush wacking and kicked up quail 15 yds in front of us. No shotgun had rifle with me. Aaargh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No luck this weekend. Took a friend for his first time deer hunting. Day 1 late start- posted him high and i went low with a shotgun hoping to flush a buck out for him and maybe quail for me. Nada.
Day 2 went early and stayed together glassing. Fog rolled in so we went bush wacking and kicked up quail 15 yds in front of us. No shotgun had rifle with me. Aaargh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bummer

After a weekend of hunting and only spotting one doe, went out for an evening hunt Monday. Saw nothing. No surprise. Was very hard for me to get up this morning from being demoralized. Finally dragged my self out and hit the road after 5am. Still hiking up at 0630 spotted first deer. Over 1000 yards and can't tell if its doe or buck. So I kept hiking up and saw so many does this morning. The does that I first spotted I stayed with for awhile and the rest I would stay with 20-30min to see if there was a buck close by. Wrapped it up at 1030 and head to trailhead.

Excited to hit it again Friday.

Close to the trailhead I see a couple guys flying drones. Talked to them for a bit. Guy asked me it its legal to hunt there. I said its legal for me to hunt there but Im sure its illegal for them to fly there. Those guys got some really cool gadgets. Didn't want to hang around them too long in fear officer green pants will cite me for hunting with a drone.

To all the guys who still has tags to fill....good luck!

Saw one lone doe on Sunday and that was it. Got cold wet and then hot but enjoyed the hike. Ready to hit again this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu