Any reports from D16?

Got out yesterday to a high desert area where I’ve seen deer while hiking. Plenty of tracks and droppings but no deer sighted. Saw more pottery shards and picked up some weather balloon instruments to mail away. On my way out I came across a father and son hunting the area as well. They didn’t see anything either but told me big bucks have been taken from there over the years, so keep at it. I certainly will.

E8FEFF04-6D56-4C80-B27B-43C5E74EF09E.jpeg

0C467DA9-7AA5-47A4-8B25-F710E9D21EEA.jpeg

EAFFD958-0047-48B7-9B24-5B5B7882AA4A.jpeg

305822D4-14CC-43F2-A3F9-F562C57255C2.jpeg

A88AA0D2-938D-448B-B61D-4E3591A6351B.jpeg

Gentlemen. New to schoutdoors. Have hunted hard the last month in both D15 /D16. Have done a lot of hiking/scouting in and around San Felipe, CNF laguna area, San Mateo, Thomas mountain, South fork san jacinto. Don't have a tag for D16/D19 but got intel that could help you fill em specifically for San Felipe and CNF near laguna everywhere else was dead. PM for some Lat/long cordinates in return for maybe some quail spots would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Another 4 nights out this weekend in D16 was a bust. WINDY and very little moving. Did glimpse a deer about 350yds out but it never came out from behind a bush...doe or buck was the question??

Well, 2 hours later I was able to stalk to 15yds and it turned out to be a bedded doe. Saw one other doe on public, early in the AM on Sat.

On the way out today in gale force wind, walking near private, bumped a herd of 5 on private adjacent to the path I was on. One was a very nice forkie for D16. They all stopped to pose (or tease me) for a good three minutes in a clearing, looking back toward where I'd bumped them. Unfortunately, they never made a move toward public so, guess I'll be out next weekend. Hoping for rain and a drop in wind/temps!!

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu