Anybody Chukar hunting?

OCOutdoors

Oct 3, 2012
Thinking of going out towards Red Mountain this Saturday to look for some chukar. Has anybody done any good this season? I know it's kinda late in the season but figured might as well give it a try anyways. Quail hasn't been good locally. My buddy went out a couple weeks ago and didn't get anything. Three friends and I went out last Saturday afternoon and that wasn't very good either we found two different covey of quail and came home with 4 birds. My buddies son got the most of them as we decided to do some clay target shooting and he decided to keep hunting, got three from that. I didn't even pull the trigger.

I don't chukar hunt but I agree almost not worth your time for quail this year. I've been out six times this year; blanked 4 times, 3 one trip and only one yesterday. Gonna try again tomorrow, not sure where. Good luck with the chukar

Yeah it is rough this season. I hunt a couple of areas not far from Red Mountain and it is dry I mean bone dry. I only saw three birds all day and only bagged one of the three. I wouldn't spend to much time up there until they get some water.

I never went to Red Mtn even though we've talked about it. Only went after quail one time and shot one time.

not woth it this year. Not many birds and they are very smart. If you dont know the area just find the steepest, rocky out croppings you can find.If you hear something laughing at you you are in the right area. good luck and bring plenty of h2o

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu