Anyone backpack the Sierra's...

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
Here are a few pictures from my Sierra trip this year. Caught a few nice brookie's too. Here's the view above our camp.

Attachments

• DSCN0306.JPG
    DSCN0306.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
That is some beautiful country! I'm researching areas now for the boys and I to spend our two weeks of spring break and this will definately go on the list.

Thanks for sharing.

Lungpopper said:
Beautiful country. What was the elevation at your camp?

Its no secret. We camped on the west side of Gem Lake and I believe the elevation was about 9500'. Rush Creek Trail. The trailhead is off June Lakes Loop. Its a brutal hike in.

Attachments

• DSCN0249.JPG
    DSCN0249.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
Bowhunter_619 said:
That is some beautiful country! I'm researching areas now for the boys and I to spend our two weeks of spring break and this will definately go on the list.

Thanks for sharing.

Let me know if you need some help. I've been up there a couple times. This particular starts with a rough couple mile hike that eventually flattens out a bit.

Attachments

• DSCN0248.JPG
    DSCN0248.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Great photos - thanks for sharing. Years ago I made a yearly trip to Bridgeport. I miss it and need to take the time to go back.

Snake Charmer said:
The Sierras are spectacular, Gods country, amazing to think that with a state so populated we still have places like this, can you imagine what it was like 200 years ago?

You are absolutely right. John Muir must have literally felt like it was heaven. Regardless of how many damn liberals we have in this state, its still a beautiful place to see. I have friends and family on the East Coast and they are amazed by the scenery CA has to offer. Just gotta get out and explore.

Stop! :) I can't wait to be there even just for a hike with the kids!

We don't get up there as much as we use to but at least a couple times a year. Here is a few pictures.

CotonwoodLakes7-0613.jpg

HiltonLakes6-06.jpg

222.jpg

Have thousand more pictures I will try to find some good ones later. Love hiking and fishing up there. Next year I'm going to try to get an archery tag in one of the areas we hike, where I saw 3 biggggg bucks this year.

Cool Pic's guys. For years I went to the Bishop area. North Lake, South Lake, hike back to Blue lake, etc. Hot springs every night. Great times up there. I haven't been sence we started having kids. I'd like to start it up again now that they are old enough to take it all in.

Ya the kids have kept us away as well. My youngest is 4 and he wants to go backpacking bad. I think next year he will be up to hiking in 3-4 miles, slowly of course, so we should get up there more now. ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu