Anyone do a European Mount?

to provide a constant flow of fresh air and to take most of the stench out of the air your neighbors will smell.

Meat eating beatles is the way to go, use an old freezer, drill a couple holes, use a old Vacuum, some charcoal and you are in business.
I have been looking at doing this for years, I still have that 350 hog head in my garage freezer.
View attachment 51009
Check it out 20 bucks sure will get the Mind running.
How long does the process take? When I read up on buring a skull they say three months but that was in Midwest soil... Not sure how long it will take in SoCal Soil...?

No no I believe and average deer skull is a week maybe 10 days.
and not a speck of meat brain matter natha, just clean skull

Don’t beetles leave a lot of grease in the bones that requires an extensive degrease process? In my experience with maceration, the bacteria do a pretty good job getting in and getting rid of the grease/oils etc. inside the bones. Does take a while to complete

Last I heard a dip in some rubbing alcohol and they were basically ready to go, unless you wanted them looking like plastic white and then it was a dip in the peroxide.
I put one skull in a field, wired in inside two plastic milk crates and never got back to get it, Im sure it turned out pretty good

The charcoal was for the opposite side Exit for the air, to remove as much of the stench as possible to the outside air.
As I said at the beginning I have not done this yet, it is some thing I have planned and kicked around for a long while now.
The Vacuum provided extra air flow away pulling the Bad air and good air together thru the charcoal which will hopefully reduce the odor exhausted.
How do you have your set up Bowhunter We would be really interested. Large scale with a Old Box Freezer ?
Hey Bowhunter do you Charge ? and if you do How much, trying the figure if I would Have enough business to keep the beatles alive and growing and enough Money to maintain the beetles ?

Last edited:
For reason I sense.....nevermind..LOL..

The charcoal was for the opposite side Exit for the air, to remove as much of the stench as possible to the outside air.
As I said at the beginning I have not done this yet, it is some thing I have planned and kicked around for a long while now.
The Vacuum provided extra air flow away pulling the Bad air and good air together thru the charcoal which will hopefully reduce the odor exhausted.
How do you have your set up Bowhunter We would be really interested. Large scale with a Old Box Freezer ?
Hey Bowhunter do you Charge ? and if you do How much, trying the figure if I would Have enough business to keep the beatles alive and growing and enough Money to maintain the beetles ?
50 gallon trash can with ventilation. I do charge... the amount depends on a lot of factors. It's a hobby gone wild for me. Don't do it... Ed F

Reactions: HATCHET1
50 gallon trash can with ventilation. I do charge... the amount depends on a lot of factors. It's a hobby gone wild for me.

So you keep the Beatles multiplying or but new beetles every time?

50 gallon trash can with ventilation. I do charge... the amount depends on a lot of factors. It's a hobby gone wild for me. Don't do it... Ed F
with this one you can do multiple skulls or complete skeletons
Bobcats, a boned out deer, It would be cool to do a cougar

Attachments

• beetle bin.pdf
    258 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
So you keep the Beatles multiplying or but new beetles every time?

I've had the same colony for about a dozen years and have even helped friends start colonies from mine. Ed F

That Is Freaking great ! Not now but in the next Couple of years, when I find a good large old Box freezer, I am going to start making m y Beetle Bin.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu