Anyone else have this problem?

Is That A Duck

Feb 6, 2021
I got my first duck hunting season under my belt this year. I got three hunts in total and got 3 birds over the first 2 hunts, but ended my last hunt of the season with limits. I am now absolutely hooked. My problem now is that whenever I see a goddam bird my head turns on a swivel and my eyes automatically lock in just to see if it is a duck. Is this normal?

I got my first duck hunting season under my belt this year. I got three hunts in total and got 3 birds over the first 2 hunts, but ended my last hunt of the season with limits. I am now absolutely hooked. My problem now is that whenever I see a goddam bird my head turns on a swivel and my eyes automatically lock in just to see if it is a duck. Is this normal?

I’m on the same boat. 1st year hunting ducks and went on 3 hunts. It’s a problem when I’m driving and see ducks I just keep staring at them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Is That A Duck
Yes that's normal, we get mallards nesting in our neighborhood this time of year, whenever I hear their wings whistling overhead, I automatically look up to see where they're at and get excited briefly until I remember I'm not in a duck blind! Whenever we drive by a body of water, I look for ducks on the water or in the air. One time I was playing golf and there was at least one hundred shovelers on the lake, it was tough staying focused!

50+ years since I got hooked on waterfowling...And to this day, I look skyward for ducks and geese...lol

ps...Just last Sunday, while bass fishing...A flight of ringnecks & bluebills came whistling in...Too cool!!!!

You should see all the wigeon at the park near the house, your head will spin right off. TA HE HE!!!

Reactions: Is That A Duck

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu