Anyone hunting Mojave Preserve Thanksgiving weekend?

khartter

Sep 17, 2012
Norco
About 5 years ago we started heading out to the MP for Thanksgiving weekend and it has become a great family tradition. Over the years I have been able to get more and more of my family into hunting. It started with my wife then my Son, Dad, Nephew, Niece, and my sister. We all head out early Thanksgiving morning and set up camp, go out and hunt for a few hours then cook Thanksgiving dinner, what a blast. Just wondering if anyone else will be out there chasing birds?

How did you guys do out there, where do you camp? Used to spend a lot of time out there when I was younger. My grandpa taught me how to drive out there before it was a preserve, got to see a lot of interesting places. Now friends and I take the trail but its been a few years. Took my son last April and got snowed on, he slept in the truck and I slept under it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu