Anyone know these guys?

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0464.JPG IMG_0465.JPG my friend got these guys on trail cams, trespassing his property. The guys walked past posted signs and onto his driveway. Hope it's no one on here.

They,re not gonna shoot anything any way walking around on oak leaves. They look like they were trying to figure out where they were. Probably an honest mistake. I have encountered posted signs saying private property when it wasnt private.

Gen,

Was going to post this.....The public land is nearby.....But with Onyx Maps, there's no mistake on where you're at.....I don't know if Frank's property backs up to CNF either.

The one guy looks very familiar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matagi
The CNF land is a not too far away but the trail leading up to his property is clearly marked and they were walking all of his property in front of his house. But yes, I have found OnX show public land where it is clearly private.

Gen,

Was going to post this.....The public land is nearby.....But with Onyx Maps, there's no mistake on where your at.....I don't know if frank's property backs up to CNF either.

The one guy looks very familiar.
You need service for that app to work right for you? I know you can save the map right but is it possible they didnt have service and were trying to figure out where they were? May be they were lost lol

At least they didn't take the cams? well maybe they didn't see them also.

I ran into a drinker this past weekend over in my zone had 3 cameras on it, I left everything alone as I wish they do if they run into my cams one day. But they will have my ugly mug waving at cams as I passed by ;-).

You need service for that app to work right for you? I know you can save the map right but is it possible they didnt have service and were trying to figure out where they were? May be they were lost lol

You can save off line maps and your phone gps will show you where you are on the map. I hunt a area nearby and my OnX works just fine on the off line maps.

Onyx is not 100% accurate. I too have seen private land incorrectly labeled as public on the app. When you buy the membership there is a disclaimer that states Onyx is to be used as a reference and not as legal proof of public land. But it is a great tool for the public land hunter.

Onyx is not 100% accurate. I too have seen private land incorrectly labeled as public on the app. When you buy the membership there is a disclaimer that states Onyx is to be used as a reference and not as legal proof of public land. But it is a great tool for the public land hunter.
I agree. For land ownership I due my best to cross reference current assessor data if I am working to get access. Onx simply can't have real-time updates on ownership.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

185C55CE-957E-4577-947B-E548F7D7D086.jpeg Hey guys

Thanks Gen. I just joined the board. This is my property and these are my cameras. I’ve got 16 acres that border the national forest up there. I am posted all along East Grade road. I didn’t call DFW or the Sherriff specifically because there is a fairly large error with ONX hunt maps. It basically shows my property line 150 feet/200 feet west of where it is. I actually got rid of the app. The CNF monuments make up my Eastern border. They were walking along my driveway heading west (fat guy picture). However later they were walking (night picture) due south and they were on the other side of the driveway about 40 feet from the cabin. So that second picture doesn’t comport with the ONX error at all.

I really wanted to find these guys and let them know they were trespassing. I’m a hunter I know how it is, I’ll warn them first. The bottom line is, they don’t have to trespass - the deer run all through that area and there are hundreds/thousands of acres back there with good access from mike marker 6.

The last year the deer have been soundly hammered by a couple of lions that have made that area home. The deer I’ve counted this year are 80% fewer than what I saw last year. And the ones I’ve seen are mostly yearlings. I wont even likely be hunting much up there this year but looking elsewhere for better deer.

Frank

.185C55CE-957E-4577-947B-E548F7D7D086.jpeg A49B07AB-A583-4F97-966F-1DE0A26AB38B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man thoes are some big fat cats there that explains y we don’t have much deer up there.

Reactions: Hollowpoint
Frank, I think that I know your property. My guess is that they parked somewhere over there and then hiked into CNF through your property. If it is the property I’m thinking of then it saves them about 1.5miles of walking when compared to using the CNF entrance and then going left/West. If that is what they were doing then they know it is trespassing.

Last edited:
Frank, I think that I know your property. My guess is that they parked somewhere over there and then hiked into CNF through your property. If it is the property I’m thinking of then it saves them about 1.5miles of walking when compared to using the CNF entrance and then going left/West. If that is what they were doing then they know it is trespassing.

Thanks. If they’re trying to cut through to Dyche it doesn’t help much. That might be why they came back the same way within a couple hours. It’s jungle thick back there and you’d need a machete. God forbid you’re allergic to poison oak. Staying on that main path from 6, although long, is the only thing that makes sense (and that’s trespassing too)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu