Anyone recognize these?

duck-boy

Nov 25, 2015
Was going through my ammo today and came across these two boxes that look pretty old. A 28 gauge had some original paper shells. The 12 gauge had some paper shells that I think are reloads. Looks like they were bought at White Front??? for $1.80. Pretty sure I got these from my Grandpa.

PXL_20231020_032849461.jpgPXL_20231020_032902494.jpgPXL_20231020_032914142.jpgPXL_20231020_032920935.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been to whitefront lol. Think it was Fedco after that, I had a bunch of old boxes of shells like that I gave to Robs son Nic...... You use to be able to buy ammo just about anywhere and yes for 2 to 3$ a box. 28 gauge is cool not many of those old boxes around.

Reactions: duck-boy
They look like the boxes that my dad and brothers had in the late 50's early 60's. The all had dram equivalent on the boxes. 16 drams=1ounce.

Reactions: duck-boy
Ron,

I love dated shotshell boxes...They're not real old, but very cool...Rem Shur Shot was one of the 1st all plastic shells with the all plastic "Power Piston" (Shur Shot was previously paper)....With this invention, it started making the full choke a little less needed and modified barrels more popular...Reloading with "Power Pistons" was very popular with trap shooters in the 60's.

The Federal 28 gauge boxes are always more rare...Since, the gauge has never been real popular...... :blush:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu