AO Tag?

Gary 619

Can you hunt with a AO tag during A22 season? I have looked on the DFG web site and looked in the reg. and section 361 paragraph C says you can, or am I reading it wrong. Can anyone clarify?

Larry

It depends on the area or better stated the ca deer zone. My area is D-16, which is the general gun season. The AO Tag would allow you to hunt, The first part of general archery as explained in the regs. Then during the general D-16 season with a bow only. Forked horn or bigger only. You can not hunt the A-22 season. Read the regs carefully.

Ghost

Larry 619 said:
Can you hunt with a AO tag during A22 season? I have looked on the DFG web site and looked in the reg. and section 361 paragraph C says you can, or am I reading it wrong. Can anyone clarify?

The answer is NO.......A-22 (44 days starting 1st Saturday in Sept)) & the archery portion of the D-16 zone (1st Saturday in Sept till Sept 27th) overlap for a 3 week period. So, in that 1st half, you're actually hunting the D-16 archery season with your AO tag.....You are not allowed to hunt with your AO tag after the general D-16 season is over.

well I was hoping for a different answer :'(..... But glade I checked before I got my self into trouble
Thanks for the clarification guys!

Back